In March 1991 Mr. M.C. Burch owned and lived on the property where the cemetery is located. He has lived there since 1926. Mr. Burch states that at one time there were 75 - 100 tombstones, but over the years the tombstones have been removed or destroyed for various reasons. There were only four tombstones to be located in 1991 and only two had inscriptions. Many native stones marking locations of graves - hard to estimate how many burial sites due to location of so many rocks.
From Denton, Texas take US 377 South to FR 1830 (Country Club Road); left on FR 1830 1.5 miles - the cemetery is on the West side of the road, just before Hickory Creek; stones are in a pasture just beyond fence. There is a small fenced area around a tree where one tombstone is located.
Bourne, James L.; s/o Z. & M.E. Bourne; b. Oct 29, 1883; d. Nov 18, 1883 Tyson, Catherine S.; d/o J.R. & M.E. Tyson; b. no dates; d. no dates
SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCE ZAK AND LUISA BROWNING FOR SCANNING THE ABANDONED CEMETERY LISTS.
Back to Denton County Texas Cemetery Pages
Last Modified: 02-17-1999