First DrugStore in Van Zandt County - Pictured is the first drugstore constructed in Van. Built in 1902, the store was located almost directly across the street from where the Dinner Bell Restaurant now stands. The store stood on Main Street in a grove of trees and facing north. Across the street was a grocery store and a cotton gin. These were the only businesses in Van at that time. For the first two years the store was operated by Asbury Ginn Maxfield and Redmond Sarge. A. G. Maxfield was sole proprietor from 1904 to 1909. At that time the Maxfield family, A. G and Alice (Lybrand) , lived in a house located about 500 feet north of the store, where several of their children were born. Pictured from left to right are A. G. Maxfield, Dr. Jessie McMann, John Reese and Bob King. . This photo was made in 1909.