Old Brick Church
OLD BRICK CHURCH ERECTED 1788
|90.||Ebenezer Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church -- known as the Old Brick Church. Building was erected in 1788. The Rev. James Rogers, a native of Ireland, became pastor in 1791. Inscription made by Northern soldier in 1865 may be seen on the wall inside.|
The Associate Reformed Synod of the Carolinas was organized at Mr. Robers' church, Ebenezer, May 9, 1803, and Mr. Roger [sic] was the moderator of the meeting, and he was also moderator ..."
James Rogers, a native of county Monaghan, Ireland, but a graduate of the University of Glascow [sic], and educated in theology in Scotland, became pastor of Ebenezer Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (the Brick Church) in 1791. ... James Boyce, D.D., succeeded James Rogers at the Brick Church. ...
SHERMAN'S ARMY IN FAIRFIELD
(R. H. McMaster)
On the night of February 19, [Major General H. W.] Slocum [commanding the left wing] wrote to Sherman:--"... Tomorrow night the Fourteenth Corps [commanded by Major General Jeff C. Davis (under Slocum)] will be at Ebeneser [sic] Meeting House, on Little River; ..."
The url of this page is
This page was put on the web 11 May 2000.
This page was Last Updated 4 December 2000.
This page was put on the web by
James W. Green III.