Lubartow gminy of Lubelskie, Poland
(Lubartow) Gmina Page
GENERAL: Below is a list of every city, town and village in this
gmina, with information about each place, where known, and any links to
other sites if available. This page is for all places in the PLACE-FINDER
index with the code I10. Information not specific to this gmina
may be found through the homepage.
MAPS: All places are marked on the map at the bottom of the
NAMES: As some browsers still can't handle Polish characters,
any names with these extra characters are repeated using the nearest equivalent
English characters in round brackets '( )'. Names in square brackets '[
]' are older names for that location.
OLD WOJ.: All places in this gmina are in the old woj of Lubelskie
Political Gminy (left) & Catholic Dekanaty (right) in LUBARTÓW
Return to: Place
Finder (PL) || Lubartow Powiat Page
|| Place Finder (UK)
10. Lubartów (Lubartow)
The Gmina of Lubartow
The gmina is located on the Lubartow plain and has a population of
about 6000 people, not including the town of Lubartow itself. It was created
out of the Lucka and Lisow gminas in 1973 and covers an area of 159 sq.km.
About 57% of the land is arable whist 35% is forested, mostly in the southwestern
corner of the gmina. It is located on the Lubartow plateau, and the Wieprz
river valley forms the eastern part of the region and here there are large
areas of meadows and pastures, as well as some wetlands. In the south there
is a large forest.
The oldest monument of the gmina is probably Gora Tatarska (Tatar hill),
an old fort. The area is well known for its craft skills, particularly
dried flower compositions and Easter palms (made of dried grasses). If
you fancy building a house here or starting a business, then there are
GMINA OFFICE: Urzad Gminy, ul. j slowackiego 8, 21-100 Lubartow, woj.
Lubelskie. Tel: (+48 81) 23 23
A gathering of buildings along a country road, with a few farmsteads
along a track on the south side of the village. To the south is a medium
size wood, and to the west and south west are part of a large forest. The
land is undulating and arable, with meadows on the west side of the village.
Annobór Kol. (Annobor Kol.)
A group of buildings, and some outlying farmsteads, at the crossing
of a country lane over a country road. the land is undulating and arable,
although this becomes meadow lands on the southwest side of this small
village. There is an arm of a large forest 400m to the west, and 400m to
the south is the village of Annobor.
A ribbon development of houses and other buildings along highway 829.
To the west of the road it is arable land, and to the east it is meadows
descending to the river Wieprz. There is a church at the north end of the
village. Wolka Rockicka is about 1.5 km to the southeast, along the same
Buildings along 2 tracks that met as a Tee shape in the centre of the
village. The land to the south and west is arable, whilst meadow lands
lie to the north and east. A stream parallels the northernmost lane, through
CHURCH: Rzymskokatolicka. This is part of the parafia of the
church "Wniebowstapiena Panskiego" in Lubartow.
A village on the east bank of the Wieprz river. Through the centre
of the village used to run a single track spur railway, on an embankment,
to serve a factory just to the south. The land is flat. On the opposite
bank of the river is Lubartow.
CHURCH: no data
A few farmsteads scattered on the meadows of the Wieprz river plain,
a few metres to the southwest of the river. There is a small wood on the
southeast side of this hamlet. A small country lane on the south side connects
with Brzeziny 1km to the south. The lane becomes a track to the north,
which follows the river until crossing it by bridge at Leszkowice.
A group of houses on a country road just to the south and east of Lubartow.
It is built on the lower part of a slope. 1km to the east, across pasture
and meadows is the river Wieprz.
This is a group of buildings on either side of a country lane just
outside Lubartow. On the south side of the village is a small wood with
a stream running through it. The land is undulating and arable, although
becoming flat to the northeast. There is also a scattering of farmsteads
to the east.
Lisów Kol. (Lisow Kol.)
Mainly a scattering of farmsteads and other buildings along a country
road and parallel lane just north of Lisow. The land is generally flat,
with some slight undulation, and arable. There is a small lake in an area
of wetlands to the northwest, and a series of small lakes and ponds to
the north. To the east of the settlement, the land is the flat flood plain
of the Wieprz river.
Lubartów [Lewartów] (Lubartow/Lewarrow)
at the turn of the 19th century
station (left) and a church (right, but not sure which church)
Lubartow is a town with a population of 24000. It is located on a flat
plain on the west bank of the Wieprz river. It was established in 1543
by Piotr Firlej under a founding order issued by King sigismund the old.
The original name of the town was Lewartow until 1744. As well as being
important economically, it was also a centre of Protestant culture and
education. The town was destroyed during the Swedish wars but was able
to regain its importance during the 18th century. However, its fortunes
waned during the latter part of that century and during the first half
of the second under the influence of the partitioning powers. It first
belonged to the Austrians, became part of the Warsaw principality and was
then handed over to the Russians. In 1838 it was taken away from the Sanguszko
family, the then owners, by the Russians. Things started to improve from
1866 onwards when it was made the seat of the 'county', trade improved
and craft manufacturers became more prosperous. Many of these were of Jewish
descent, and in fact Jews made up a large part of the population until
the second world war. In the period immediately before world war one saw
the start of some industrialization with the establishment of a brewery,
glassworks, cement company and something referred to as an 'electric mill'
(either electricity generation or a flour mill powered by electricity).
During the period 1944-89 all the industry was nationalized, and then
sold back into private hands in the 1990's. There is a permanent exhibition
in the town museum showing the towns past. There is a park with two small
lakes in it. There is a late Baroque Palace. The St Anna church is also
Baroque, is one of the most beautiful in the region, and was built in 1735.
There is a wooden manor house from the 18th century. There is a separate
cemetery with its own chapel. Few of the graves date back any earlier than
the turn of the century, and most are from the latter half of the 20th
century onwards. The older graves may remain as the cemetery has been extended.
CHURCH 1: Parafia rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Nieustającej
Pomocy, Lubelska 97a, Lubartów, woj. Lubelskie. This is a parish church
of Lubartow, Lubartow dekanat.
CHURCH 2: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św. Anny (i św Joahima),
Słowaciego 6, Lubartów, woj. Lubelskie. This is a parish church of the
"św. Anny i św Joahima" parafia, Lubartow dekanat. Records date back to
CHURCH 3: Parafia rzymskokatolicka św Wawrzynca, Lubartow. This
is the parish church of the "św Wawrzynca" parafia, Lubartow dekanat.
CHURCH 4: Parafia rzymskokatolicka Wniebowstapienia Panskiego,
Lubartow. This is the parish church of the "Wniebowstapienia Panskiego"
parafia, Lubartow dekanat.
CHURCH 5: No data.
cemetery in Lubartow. Very few of the graves are as old as 100 years, as
you pay rental on each site.
LUBARTOW TOWN OFFICE: Urzad Miasta, ul. Popreczna 12, 21-100
Lubartow, woj. Lubelskie. tel: (+48) 81 855 10 60. fax: 855
in Lubartow town.
Łucka (Lucka) & Łucka Kolonia (Lucka Kol.)
As you go east from highway 19 towards the river Wieprz, there are
two parallel roads; a country road and a small lane. This place has buildings
and farmsteads along each road. The land is flat as it is part of the Wieprz
valley bottom, and there is a small stream flowing parallel with the country
road. The land is arable. This place was established in the 15th century
and owned by the Firlej family in 1523. There is a manor house from the
CHURCH: No data.
Majdan Kozłowiecki (Majdan Kozlowiecki)
This small village consists of buildings and farmsteads scattered along
a country road that runs through a meadow, parallel to a stream. The road,
meadow, and stream form a 400m wide gap through a large forest. The church
is at the southeastern end of the village, almost in Wandzin.
CHURCH: No data.
A small scattering of farmsteads over a stretch of countryside south
of a country road. The land rises to the south and is arable. Nowodwor
is about 800m to the east.
A scattering of farmsteads on the land on either side of a country
lane. The land is almost flat with a slight undulation, and there is a
small wood on the southeast edge of the settlement.
A string of farmsteads along a small track. On the north side of the
settlement is arable land, and on the south is meadows declining into wetlands.
There is also a copse just to the southeast, through which flows a stream.
Mieczyslawka is about 800m to the north.
This village is consists of buildings along a country road and a small
country lane, with some scattered farmsteads. the land is undulating and
arable. The main church is on the country road, whilst the smaller is on
the lane on the north side of the village. To the north of the small church
is a stream flowing westwards. 1.5km to the south and east is part of a
large forest. There is a small settlement of the same name about 1.5km
to the southwest, on the slope of a small hill in open arable land.
CHURCH 1: Rzymskokatolicka. Part of Kamionka parafia, Michow
CHURCH 2: No data.
Nowodwór Kol. (Nowodwor Kol.)
A scattering of farmsteads on a country lane in an almost flat arable
landscape. Nowodwor is less than 1km to the south.
Nowodwór-Piaski (Nowodwor Piaski)
A large village consisting of buildings in a ribbon development along
a country lane, 1.5km east of Nowodwor. The land is undulating and arable,
and just to the south east is an arm of a very large forest. There is a
cemetery of Austrian soldiers killed during WW1.
Psia Górka (Psia Gorka)
A few farmsteads scattered over an area of undulating arable land,
just north of a country road, 2km northeast of Nowodwor.
This is a gathering of buildings and a church on highway 829, with
a scattering of farmsteads up a small stream valley to the west. The main
part of the village is built at the bottom of a slope, with the Wieprz
river some 600m to the east. The land is arable, becoming meadows as the
river is approached.
CHURCH: Rzymskokatolicka. Parish church of the Rokitno parafia,
Lublin Podmiejski dekanat.
a group of houses, and outlying farmsteads, clumped on a country road,
just on the northern edge of Skrobow Kol. The land is generally flat and
arable, and there is a small wood to the southeast.
A few buildings on either side of a country road, with some farmsteads
on a track branching eastwards on the south side of the hamlet. The land
is quite flat and arable, with just a slight undulation. There is a cemetery
of Soviet soldiers killed during WW2. Here there was a camp of Soviet POW's
and the NKVD kept Polish home Army prisoners there in 1944.
Skrobów-Kol. (Skrobow Kol.)
Quite an intense scattering of farmsteads and some other buildings
along several intersecting lanes and tracks. The land is relatively flat
and arable, and there is a small wood on the eastern edge of the settlement.
This settlement is on the road from Lubartow to Kamionka, south of Skrobow.
Here there is an abandoned building in the classical style which was used
by the Soviets to torture many local anti-Communist Poles in the late 1940's.
Stara Trójna (Stara Trojna)
A few farmsteads scattered along a country road. There are small woods
on all sides. To the north there are areas of wetlands before the meadows
of the Wieprz river valley. Brzeziny is about 1.5km to the southeast.
A small group of buildings at the junction of several lanes at the
lower end of the lake 'Stawy Dolki' in the middle of a large forest. Nowodwor
is 5km to the north.
A hamlet on the west side of highway 19, on a country road that leads
to Mieczyslawka (which lies about 1km to the west). The land is generally
flat and arable, with some wetlands about 1km to the south.
Some buildings on a short country lane running along the west bank
of the river Wieprz. The land is undulating and arable, with a steep drop
down to the river as it makes a horseshoe bend past the village. Highway
815 is very close to the west. This was mentioned in 1523 as being owned
by the Firlej family.
Szczekarków-Kol. (Szczekarkow Kol.)
A scattering of farmsteads across undulating arable land, on land rising
out of the Wieprz river flood plain. Highway 815 runs through this settlement,
and Lisow is about 1.5km to the west.
A scattering of a few farmsteads, with a nearby country road to the
east and small woods in all other directions. The land is undulating and
arable. Brzeziny is 2km to the east, across arable fields. There is a cemetery
of German settlers from the latter half of the 19th century and beginning
of the 20th.
Some buildings and a few farmsteads along a winding country lane, mostly
on the western side of highway 829. To the north of the village, and parallel
with it, flows a small stream. The stream disappears under a railway bridge
at the western end of the village. The railway has been abandoned. There
is a small wood on either side of the railway, at the end of the village.
the land is undulating and arable.
Wandzin is on the same road and almost an identical situation to Majdan
Kozlowiecki (see above), but here the gap is wider and the land is arable
in nature. There is an abandoned railway forming the eastern end to the
village, with a station some 500m to the south.
A few farmsteads on the western side of an abandoned railway, at the
eastern end of a large forest. There was a railway station here. Wandzin
is about 500m to the north.
A small group of buildings on a country lane and some farmsteads on
an adjoining lane. The land rises to the east, and is arable. The main
part of Nowodwor is 2km to the northeast, but the smaller part is a few
metres to the east. 500m to the south is the start of a large forest.
A scattering of farmsteads across flat arable land to the west of highway
19. A stream runs through the village, and there is a factory with a tall
chimney at the south end of this settlement. Wincentow is located on the
northwestern borders of Lubartow.
A scattering of buildings and farmsteads along a country lane that
runs parallel to highway 19, 800m to the east of this road. The land is
reasonably flat with some undulations. A stream runs across the village
about half way along its length. Mieczyslawka lies about 2km to the south.
Wola Mieczysławska (Wola Mieczyslawska)
Some buildings in a ribbon development as a country road becomes a
lane, plus some outlying farmsteads. the land is generally flat and arable.
There are medium sized woods to the west and north. Mieczyslawka lies about
1km to the southeast.
Some buildings and farmsteads along highway 829. The land is undulating
and arable. The river Wieprz flows parallel to the road, less than 1km
to the east. The church is actually located in Wolka Rokicka Kol.
CHURCH: No data.
Wólka Rokicka-Kol. (Wolka Rokicka Kol.)
A group of buildings along a curving country lane on the west side
of highway 829. There is a pond in the centre of the village and a church
just opposite it. The land is arable and slopes down to the Wieprz river,
about 1.5km to the northeast. Wolka Rockicka is about 800m to the east.
A few scattered farmsteads on flat meadow land of the Wieprz river
flood plain. Just to the west of this hamlet is a series of small lakes
and ponds, going from north to south. Just over 1km to the east is the
Wieprz river. There are scattered areas of wetland to the north and south.
Brzeziny is less than 1km to the north.
Some farmsteads on arable land alongside highway 19. There is a large
wood surrounding the settlement, at a distance of about 300m, on the western,
northern and eastern sides. Mieczyslawka is about 3km to the south.
Postal/Zip Codes for Lubartow Gmina
|Annobór ( Annobor )
Annobór Kol. ( Annobor Kol. )
Baranówka ( Baranowka )
Lisów ( Lisow )
Lubartów ( Lubartow )
Łucka ( Lucka )
Łucka Kolonia ( Lucka Kolonia )
Majdan Kozłowiecki ( Majdan Kozlowiecki )
Mieczysławka ( Mieczyslawka )
Nowodwór ( Nowodwor )
Nowodwór-Piaski ( Nowodwor-Piaski )
Skrobów ( Skrobow )
Skrobów-Kol. ( Skrobow-Kol. )
Szczekarków ( Szczekarkow )
Wincentów ( Wincentow )
Wola Mieczysławska ( Wola Mieczyslawska )
Wólka Rokicka ( Wolka Rokicka )
Wólka Rokicka-Kol. ( Wolka Rokicka-Kol. )
Map of the Gmina of Lubartow
Navigation Bar : No-Frames Version.
For easier navigation, click on the blue diamond below.