archives BuildingSouthern Lancaster County Historical Society


Now and Then in Providence Township, 1976 , Paul Hollinger

In 1864 there was a school near this one on Camargo Road, and in 1875 John Hess gave land for a school at this same location. This building was closed in 1947 or 1948 according to Anna Myers, now in her 80's, who lives in the school house. See the aerial view of Pleasan t Valley in the Red Rose story.

This site is generously

Hosted by RootsWeb

Hosted by RootsWeb

return to SLCHS homepage