In 1856 there was a schoolhouse at the present Y of Clearfield Road and Rawlinsville Road, just south of Union. However, in 1864 a new building was erected across the road, west of the present site. In 1875 the present location is shown, but in each map, the name is the same Clearfield. This is the only one of the eight not renovated or changed from its abandoned state in 1953. A Mt. Joy man reportedly owns the building.