Massy Harbison-Fort Hand Chapter, NSDAR

The Story of Massy Harbison The Story of Fort Hand Our Meetings How to
Join Us/Our Ancestors
What We Do Our History E-mail Us

Fort Crawford

darfortcrawfordmonument.jpg (112244 bytes)

    Fort Crawford was located on the Allegheny River at what is now the Parnassus section of New Kensington, PA.  It was used primarily as a supply fort.

    A four ton marker with a bronze plaque was put on the site by the Massy Harbison Chapter, NSDAR, and dedicated on May 13, 1942, during the 150th anniversary of the Logan's Ferry Presbyterian Church on whose property it stands.  It was re-dedicated on July 30, 1991, during New Kensington's centennial celebration.

    The chapter was granted an easement in 1999 so that the monument would never be moved or destroyed should the property on which it stands be sold.

Home Page Next Page

Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR,
the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.