McKean County Cities, Townships And Boroughs
McKean County Pennsylvania Genealogy
McKean County, Pennsylvania
- BRADFORD - Incorporated as a borough 1873, chartered as a city 1879.
- ANNIN - From Liberty and Ceres Twps. in 1860. First settled in 1836.
- BRADFORD - From Ceres Twp. in 1828. First settled in 1793.
- BURLINGTON - From Sergeant Twp. in 1812.
- CERES - This was original township that included the whole county. First settled area.
- COOPER - From Sergeant Twp. in 1812.
- CORYDON - From Bradford Twp. in 1829.
- ELDRED - From Ceres Twp. in 1843.
- FOSTER - From Bradford Twp. in 1880.
- HAMILTON - From Sergeant Twp. in 1844.
- HAMLIN - From Sergeant Twp. in 1844.
- KEATING - From Ceres Twp. in 1824.
- LAFAYETTE - From Keating Twp. in 1843.
- LIBERTY - From Keating Twp. in 1828.
- NORWICH - From Sergeant Twp. in 1835
- OGDEN - Temporary township formed from Sergeant Twp. in 1812 and annexed back in 1817.
- OTTO - From Eldred Twp. in 1854.
- SERGEANT - From Ceres Twp. in 1811.
- SHIPPEN - From Sergeant Twp. in 1812.
- WALKER - Temporary township formed from Sergeant Twp. in 1812. Returned to Sergeant Twp. in 1817.
- WETMORE - From Hamlin & Sergeant Twps. in 1856.
- ELDRED - Incorporated in 1880 from Eldred Twp.
- KANE - Incorporated in 1887 from Wetmore Twp.
- LEWIS RUN - Incorporated in 1911 from Bradford and Lafayette Twps.
- MOUNT JEWETT - Incorporated in 1903 from Hamlin Twp.
- PORT ALLEGANY- Incorporated in 1882 from Liberty Twp.
- SMETHPORT - Incorporated in 1853 from Keating Twp.
More details of the above can be found in
Cemeteries of McKean County
published by the McKean County Historical Society.