W.C. & J.W. BAKER ADDITION TO SHARPSBURG
- June 4, 1867
- William C. Baker and John W. Baker bought 3.55 acres from Thomas T. & Lydia Ann Drake for $3,640.
The property appears to be the northern part of the Drake's land that was divided when the Marietta & Cincinnati Railroad acquired
the right-of-way through Sharpsburg. The land was subdivided for development soon afterwards. On the other side of Montgomery Pike,
Langdon's Addition to Sharpsburg was also being developed. Today, the Baker land would be mainly that property taken by the
"Norwood Lateral" between Section Avenue and Montgomery Road.
Note: In late 1887, Bofinger & Hopkins purchased a 56-acre tract from Lydia A. Drake for $56,000. This may have been part of the
remaining land to the south of the tracks.
IVANHOE (or adjacent to) ?
- February 1877
- J. E. Lawton and wife to Charles Stewart, lots 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36, in Hopkins' fourth subdivision, near Norwood ............$3,500.
- May 1888
- Auction of lot 28 of Moessinger, Fritsch & Co. at South Norwood to Mrs. Eliza Schwab for $525. The 50 by 145 feet property is on the south side of Marsh Avenue, 60 feet east of Grove Avenue.
- Auction of lot 29 of M,F&Co. at South Norwood to W. D. Hicks for $500. The 50 by 145 feet property is on the south side of Marsh Avenue, adjoining, at the east, to lot 28.
- Auction of lot 50 of M,F&Co. at South Norwood to Joseph A. Rink for $575. The 50 by 145 feet property was on the northeast corner of Marsh and Grove Avenues.
- Auction of lot 58 of M,F&Co. at South Norwood to Frank M. Fritsch for $575. The 50 by 155 feet property was on the south side of Melrose Avenue, 350 feet east of Grove Avenue.
- Auction of lots 59 and 60 of M,F&Co. at South Norwood to Jos. A. Rink for $1,150. The property was on the south side of Melrose Avenue, adjoining lot 58 mentioned above.
- June 1888
- Bofinger & Hopkins sold lot 42 of B&H 1st Subdivision of South Norwood to I. M. Zulich for $750. The 50 by 140 feet property is located on the south side of Hopkins Avenue, between Lafayette and Ashland Avenues.
- Bofinger & Hopkins sold lot 324 of B&H 2nd Subdivision of South Norwood to Alexander Miller for $750. This 50 by 150 feet property was on the south side of Adams Avenue, 140 feet east of Floral Avenue.
- Bofinger & Hopkins sold lot 326 of B&H 2nd Subdivision of South Norwood to F. A. Yerger for $2,500. The 100 by 140 feet property was on the east side of Floral Avenue, 100 feet north of Jefferson Avenue.
- April 1889
- Moessinger & Frisch sold for the South Norwood Syndicate, lots 56, 57, 58 and the west half of 58 (total of 175 feet, frontage, by 125 feet depth) to Rev. Johnathan Verity, a Methodist preacher, and his brother George M., a clerk, for $2,550. Each planned to build twin frame houses, to cost $3,000 apiece.
- June 1888
- Bofinger & Hopkins sold lot 1039 of their 1st Subdivision of Drake at Norwood to Fred Kleine for $625. The 50 by 140 feet property was on the south side of Oak Avenue, 300 feet east of Section Avenue.
- B&H sold lot 1332 of B&H 2nd Subdivision of Drake to John D. Cordes for $350. THe 30 by 125 feet property was on the west side of Section Avenue, 100 feet north of Elm Avenue.
- B&H sold lots 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050 and 1051 of B&H 1st Subdivision of Norwood to August Bletsch for $3,750.
- Mills & Kline sold lot 31 of M&K 4th Subdivision of Norwood to Albert Rolke for $400.
- August 1923
(Tax indicated in transfers is affixed at the rate of 50 cents for every $500 or fraction in value of property conveyed.)
- Norwood—John Meitus to Max Arnovitz, contract to sell 100x186 feet on southwest corner of Harris and Poplar street for $16,000.
- Norwood—Minnie Bax to Mary A. Gerwe, part of Lot 652 in Elsmere subdivision; $1 (tax $6.50).
- Norwood—Charles A. Leota to John J. Rauster, 35x130 feet on south side of Tilden avenue, 228 feet west of Franklin avenue; $1 (tax $8.50).