Martin DERHODES/DERODES, born Jan. 1785. Where?
Previously lived in Hagerstown, Maryland. Lived and farmed in Fairfield Twp, Columbiana County, where he was a trustee in 1824-1825. Married Elizabeth PENTZ.
Jacob H. SANDERS was a resident of Columbiana County, OH in 1833. Would like to know if he was a son of William Sanders and Mary Hall Sanders. William was a soldier in Revolutionary War, 1746-1838 or 1839.
Seeking info. on Adam LYONS b.1824 in Ohio or Pa. mar.
Mary Ellen SHULTZ b.about 1827 in Ohio. I need to find the parents of both. He was in the Civil War.Army.died 1895
She died 1893. both buried in Glenview Cemetery in East Palestine, Columbiana Co. Ohio.
Children Eliza Ann. born 1848 mar. William Griffin.--Matilda--
Eliza Ann is our line.
William DAVIDSON, aged 23 (b. abt 1864) married Minerva MARTIN. aged 16 (b. Oct 1871 in Hays, PA), in East Liverpool on 2 Nov. 1887. >From a scrap of paper in the family bible of Bessie Davidson Moran, is written in old script "Father died Oct 10, 1912, age 49.Buried East Liverpool." Reverse side of scrap has William Davidson married Minerva Martin Nov.2,1887, aged 23 and 16. Bible entry: grandmother : Martha LINK died 1918. I have been totally unsucessful for years in my search for William Davidson, b 1864. Ohio. This couple had four children. Bessie 1889 , William F. 1890, Cameron 1893, and Mahlon M. 1894. William deserted Minerva in 1896 and in 1906, she filed for divorce in Ohio County, WV. It was a family story that William Davidson served in the Spanish American War, and that Minerva, his deserted wife filed for pension. I have been unable to locate any Spanish American papers. Divorce petition was never finalized. Been unable to locate death or burial of William Davidson.
How can I get a copy of the will of Abner ALLISON who died in Columbiana County 27 Sep 1827? In the "Index of Ohio Wills and Estates," there is a listing: ALLISON, Abner-hrs.; G-1828; CB; c960. Please give me the mailing address of where I can get a copy.
Any info on Grandfather William C.(CLARK) WASHBURN. Born Columbiana Cnty Ohio (poss either Irondale or East Liverpool) abt 1874. Served inSpanish-American War With Pa. Vol. Lt. Artillery. Married a EWING.
I am looking for info on ANY of these folks. I am so new to genealogy, that just about anything you could tell me would be news to me...
John ARCHIBALD, b. 11 Jul 1954, Blackhall, Edinburgh, Scotland, d. 12 Dec 1942, E. Palestine, Columbiana Co, OH
Married Mary Caroline HALL, b. 9 Feb 1861, Ohio, d. 12 Jan 1939, E. Palestine, Columbiana Co, OH.
1. John Wood Archibald, b. Apr 1884, OH, d. 1948, buried Glenview Cem, E. Palestine, OH. Married to Edith BAKER.
2. Charles Robert Archibald, b. 12 Oct 1885, E. Palestine, OH, d. 17 Nov 1979, Pontiac, Livingston Co, IL.
Married to Grace abt 1909, then to Olive Irene MCGAFFICK. CA and Olive are my gggrandparents.
3. William A. Archibald, b. 11 mar 1888, OH, d. Feb 1978, buried Glenview Cemetary. Married to Miriam P.
4. Abraham Archibald, b. 6 Jun 1890, OH, d. May 1968. Married to Christina, later to Anna C.
5. Annie Archibald, b. Feb 1892, OH,
6. George Archibald, b. 17 Dec 1893, OH, d. 17 or 20 Aug 1973, OH, buried Glenview Cem. CPL, US Army, WWI. Married to Ruth.
7. Esther Archibald, b. Nov 1899, OH,
8. Margaret Archibald, b. Abt 1902, OH,
2. Charles Archibald and Grace were in 1910 Census with no children. I think they had child Robert, Jan 1911, and Grace died in childbirth.
3. William Archibald and Miriam were in 1920 Census with daughter Ruth E., b. Abt 1913.
4. Abraham Archibald and Anna C. were in 1920 Census with children Marry L., b. Abt 1912, and Abram D., b. Abt 1915.
Obituary for Abner ALLISON was published in "The Ohio Patriot and Weekly New Lisbon Weekly Advertiser", dated 15 Sep 1827. It states: "Died, On Monday last, the 10th instant, at Rebecca Furnace, Mr. Abner Allison, at an advanced age."
Abner Allison was the grandfather of President William MCKINLEY. Abner
Patrich F. HAGAN was witness for Naturalization of Michael MALONE in
Columbiana Co., Oh. November 1, 1880. Michael came to the U.S. from Limerick
Ireland in October 1864.
Question: Was Patrich HAGAN a relative.
Michael MALONE married 1867 Columbiana Co., Oh., Mary HANLEY, dau. of James
and Johanna (HARRIGAN)HANLEY
His brother, Thomas MALONE married Hanora LYNCH in Cleveland, Oh. and they
lived in Homeworth, Columbiana Co., Ohio Thomas came to the U.S. in 1866 and
his intent for Naturalization was in 1884 in Columbiana Co., Ohio.