NYGenWeb West. Cty: 1899 Register Empire State Soc., SAR
Westchester County, NY
The 1899 Membership Register
for The Empire State Society, S.A.R.
Roll of Ancestors — F
This page was last updated: Thursday, 05-Apr-2012 09:50:54 MDT
Following are the records of the Revolutionary Ancestors of the Members. The names here printed in CAPITALS correspond to the names printed in italics in the Roll of Members; and the names here printed in italics, being the names of Members descended from these ancestors, respectively, correspond to the names printed in CAPITALS in the Roll of Members.
- JOHN FALCONER
- Born in Eastchester, N.Y., in 1747; died in White Plains, N.Y., in 1830; Ensign in Col. Thomas' 2d Westchester County Regt.; promoted to Captain; taken prisoner and confined six months on board the "Jersey"; after his exchange continued in the service; after the war Supervisor of the town of White Plains twenty years. During the war he gave up his home in White Plains for a while to the Marquis de Lazun and staff for their headquarters. — Wm. H. Falconer, Frank Sutton.
- OLIVER FARNSWORTH, Ist
- Born in Charlestown, No. 4, N. H., Dec. 18, 1742; died in Woodstock, Vt., 1786; private in Col. Benj. Bellows' Regt. of New Hampshire Militia in the Northern Army in May and June, 1777; also in Capt. Abel Walker's Co., Col. David Hobart's Regt., Stark's Brigade, in July, August, and September, 1777, in Northern Army at Saratoga. — Nathan Guilford, Charles Stone Wight.
- FRANCIS FAXON
- Of Braintree, Mass.; enlisted Jan. 16, 1776, as Fifer in Capt. Ebenezer Thayer' Independent Co. of Braintree, serving one month and seventeen days; Fifer in Capt. Stephen Penniman's Co., Col. Dike's Regt., Dec. 13, 1776, to March 1, 1777; re-enlisted in same capacity, Nov. 4, 1777, under Capt. Silas Wild and Col. Brooks, serving three months; in same command from Feb. 3 to April 3, 1778; re-enlisted as musician under Capt. Nathaniel Belcher and Col. Nathaniel Wade, July 2, 1778, serving six months and tow days; Fifer under Capt. Wm. Burbeck and Col. John Hancock, at Castle and Governor's Islands, from Dec. I, 1779, to Oct. 24, 1781, and under other commanders until Nov. 30, 1782. — Alvah Sabin Hobart.
- EBENEZER FITCH
- Born in Connecticut, Sept. 9, 1755; died in Old Saratoga, N.Y., May 14, 1817; private in 4th Connecticut Regt. (Gen. Putnam), 9th Regt. of Militia, and Capt. Gilbert's Co. of Col. Baldwin's Regt., and Corporal in Capt. Fitch's Co., Independent Line Volunteers 1782-2. — Edward Fitch Bullard.
- MATTHEW FITCH
- Born in Norwalk, Conn., June 17, 1744; died there about 1789-90; served from Oct. 25, 1776, to Jan. 11, 1777, in Lieut. Carter's Co. in the 9th Regt. of Connecticut Militia, in Westchester County, N.Y., and on the Connecticut frontier. — Arthur Fitch, James Seely Fitch, Theodore Fitch
Return to the Empire State Society, SAR page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the main page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the NYGenWeb web site.
Copyright © 1996-2012 Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.NYGENWEB's Westchester County URL: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~nywestch/
This web site was designed by and has been exclusively maintained since November 1996 by Cathy Horn.