Part of the Steuben Co., NY GenWeb - Judy Allen Cwiklinski coordinator
Steuben County, New York
Compiled by: Millard F. Roberts
|John Single Paper Company, Ltd., Syracuse, N.Y., 1891|
This was typed and contributed by Gloria Banks Kirkwood
WHEELER - page 569
"Is an interior town lying northeast of the centre of the county, and is bounded north by Prattsburgh, east by Urbana, south by Bath and west by Avoca. It was formed from Bath and Prattsburgh, February 25, 1820, and was named in honor of Capt. Silas Wheeler. A part of Avoca was taken off in 1843, and a part of Urbana in 1839.
Its surface is a high, rolling upland, broken by the valleys of Five Mile and Ten Mile creeks. The soil is a shaly and clayey loam, well adapted to grazing and tillage. The principal streams are the creeks above named and some small lateral tributaries. The population of the town of Wheeler in 1890 was 1,283."
Olmsted Cemetery - (wh1) (7/25/01)
Wheeler Cemetery - (wh2) (7/25/01)
Wheeler Family Cemetery - (wh3) (7/25/01)
Mitchellsville Cemetery - (wh4) (9/20)
Waggoner Cemetery - (wh5)
Hill Cemetery - (wh6) (7/25/01)
Beals Family Plot - (wh7) (7/25/01)
Deer Lick Farm - (wh8) (5/27)
Amish Cemetery - (wh10)
Overhiser Burial Place (whx1) (9/23/00)
Other on site Wheeler links:
1891 Wheeler Directory - Millard F. Roberts  (4/25/02)
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to this page thanks for stopping by!
Last modified Thursday, 25-Apr-2002 20:58:11 MDT
Cwiklinski Steuben Co., NY GenWeb
coordinator 1999-2002 ©
Commercial use prohibited. All right's reserved.