2. Newburgh City Directories from 1858 to the present. Various other local directories.
3. Bibliographies and catalogs
of major genealogical collections - the Cox Library,
New York Public Library, LDS Library in Salt Lake City, Library of Congress, Etc.
4. Federal manuscript census
on microfilm for Orange and surrounding counties of
New York State 1790 to 1900. New York State census indexes 1790, 1800, 1810,
1820, 1850, 1860.
5. New York State county histories on microfilm including atlases.
6. American Land Grants and
Claims plus indexes to them. Military pension lists.
Muster rolls and other military records. Loyalist lists.
7. Various microfilmed town
records for Orange and surrounding counties. Incomplete
8. Church and cemetery records
in typescript and published in books and periodicals.
Abstracts of Orange County Wills.
9. Local Orange County newspapers on microfilm, partially indexed.
10. A local genealogical exchange, and
a correspondence file of genealogical inquiries.
Family histories and genealogies, published and unpublished.
11. Periodicals, including those from major genealogical societies.
12. Pamphlets and sheet maps; atlases; gazetteers.
13. Special analytic card catalog
guiding users to experts as well as material in books,
periodicals, newspapers, pamphlets, and other collections.
14. Passenger lists and other lists of immigrants.
15. The DAR Lineage Books,
Collections of the New York Historical Society,
Rider's American Genealogical and Biographical Index, the New England
Historical and Genealogical Registrar, the New York Genealogical and Biographical
Record, Yearbooks of the Holland Society, etc.
16. Vital records from various states.
17. Heraldry and armigerous families.
18. Intensive collection of Orange County historical and genealogical material.
19. Books, pamphlets and
periodicals providing information about programs for
historical societies and writing newsletters, church, local, and family histories.
Guidance on preservation methods and museum display.
20. Picture file containing over 200 photographs.
21. Newburgh Evening News index to local events from 1974 to 1990.
22. Times Herald Record index to local events since 1990.
23. Obituary index from the
Newburgh Evening News started in January 1984 and
ending in August 1992.
24. Obituary index from the Times Herald Record started in August 1992.
25. Yearbooks from the local high school (Newburgh Free Academy) 1890 to Present.
Above list courtesy of Rita Forrester and
the Newburgh Free Library, 124 Grand Street,
Newburgh, NY 12550. Telephone: (914) 561-1985.