This society was organized by Rev. B. T. Roberts, at the house of Charles T. Hicks, August 5, 1863, and the following trustees were chosen: Charles T. Hicks, J. D. Osterhout, and William T. Gere. Services were first held on the corner of Franklin and Church streets. In 1874 a wooden church was built on Linden street, which the society has since occupied.
Submitted 17 July 1998