St. Paul's German Lutheran Church

St. Paul's German Lutheran Church

Town of Salina

Source:  History of Onondaga County, by Prof. W. W. Clayton, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1878, pg. 263

St. Paul's German Lutheran Church was organized in 1852, and in the fall of 1853, bought the Ascension Church property of the Episcopalians.  The first pastor was Rev. T. W. Recihenberg, who was succeeded by Rev. P. Satsmidt from 1854 to 1857.  Present pastor, Rev. T. Snider.

The church originally consisted of nine members, prominent among whom were Peter Smidt, deceased; John Bahn, deceased; and Martin Weimar.  The present number is 48, with an average attendance of 80 in the Sunday School.  St. Paul's is located on the corner of Vine and Third Streets.

Submitted 5 September 1998