Chenango County Township History
Chenango County, NY Township History
1798 Chenango County was formed from Tioga and Herkimer Counties.
1803 Sullivan was formed from Cazenovia.
1804 Sangersfield was annexed to Oneida County.
1805 Columbus was formed from Brookfield.
1806 Madison County was formed from Chenango County. German was formed
Stonington, Plymouth and Preston were formed from Norwich. Coventry was
formed from Greene.
1807 Columbus was enlarged from Norwich. New Berlin was formed from Norwich.
1808 Smithville was formed from Greene. Smyrna - was formed from Sherburne.
Stonington was named Pharsalia .
1813 Eastern was formed from Oxford.
1814 Jericho was named Bainbridge.
1816 McDonough was formed from Preston.
1817 Otselic was formed from German. Eastern was named Guilford.
1821 New Berlin was named Lancaster.
1822 Lancaster was named New Berlin.
1823 Lincklaen was formed from German.
1827 Pitcher was formed from Lincklaen and German.
1833 Pitcher was enlarged slightly from Lincklaen.
1840 Chenango Forks was annexed to Broome County.
1843 Coventry was enlarged from Oxford and Greene.
1849 North Norwich was formed from Norwich.
1853 Sherburne was enlarged from New Berlin.
1857 Afton was formed from Bainbridge.
Chenango Co, NY Page
This page is maintained by Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN. Send any suggestions to him.
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor since 9 Jul 1997 -- thanks for stopping by!
Last updated: 12 May 2011