Research Sources


Pierce County Vital Records

Copies of Birth and Death Records can be purchased for genealogical purposes, if they are more than 50 years old or you have written permission of the family, from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.

Marriage License Records are kept at the Pierce County Clerk's Office.

Cemetery Listing

Pierce County Cemetery Index


Lied Pierce Public Library -- Genealogy Help Group

Plainview Carnigie Library

Osmond Public Library

Norfolk Public Library -- Madison County Genealogical Society

Stanton Public Library -- Stanton Register Archives


Pierce Historical Society Museum Complex -- Pierce Historical Society Facebook Page

Elkhorn Valley Museum -- Research Center

Plainview Historical Society Museum


Pierce County Leader
109 E Main Street
Pierce, NE 68767
(402) 329-4665

Osmond Republican
312 N State Street
Osmond, NE 68765
(402) 748-3666

Plainview News

Norfolk Daily News

Family History Center

Norfolk Family History Center