USGenWeb & NEGenWeb Projects Opportunity
- About the USGenWeb Project
- Requirements for Home Pages Created Under the NEGenWeb Project
- More Information on our Project - including our special projects.
The NEGenWeb Project was formed June, 15, 1996, when Dale Schneider created the Nebraska Genealogy Project as a part of the USGenWeb Genealogy Project. At that time, there was very little available on the web for those who were researching genealogy in Nebraska. Over the next year, volunteers were recruited to coordinate the webpages for each county. These volunteers were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the county webpages, which would include listing information on where to look in that county for genealogical research. Contact the volunteer shown on the county page if you have a desire to help or add your data to the database. You may notice a message on a county page indicating it is available for adoption. If you would like to adopt one of these counties, please contact the current coordinator of the page, whose name is listed on their county site, or the State Coordinator.
Contact the State Coordinator
Note: If your browser does not support the scripted mailto link, use one of these addresses.
It may take a little longer to receive a response.
Rock County's web site links you to other genealogy web sites of interest to Rock County and Nebraska researchers. It also allows you to enter queries concerning your family research, to register your Rock County surnames, and to request lookups in various reference books, including cemetery records, census records, area history books, family history books, and so many more.
Opportunities to Volunteer
Are you interested in helping out, but don't know what you can do? All volunteer help is welcome.
- Resource Lookups - Volunteers are needed for occasional lookups in Rock County and Nebraska resource materials. Need: Access to county genealogical reference material (family history books, cemetery records, etc.)
- Electronic Archives - We need volunteers for entering county public records (wills, land records, probate records, censuses, marriages, etc) into the project archives. Need: Access to a computer.
- Genealogical Societies - We also need internet contacts with existing local genealogical and historical societies in order to provide a "blend" of electronic research and the more traditional and time-honored print research. Need: Access to the internet and to a genealogical or historical society.
- County Web Site Coordinator - Volunteers are needed to maintain the county web site, which would include receiving (not researching) queries, surnames, etc. to be posted, and browsing the internet for new links of interest to researchers in that county. Need: Access to the internet. (more info)