JAMES B. ANDREWS, proprietor of the North Dakota Stock Farm, one of the finest estates in Sargent county, is a man of thorough business methods, and has gained a prominent place among his associates by his earnest efforts and honesty. He is engaged in the raising of fine horses, and owns some of the finest roadsters to be found in the Northwest. His home is on section 4 of Milnor township, and he has every convenience of a model country home.
Mr. Andrews was born near Woodstock, McHenry county, Illinois, November 5, 1860, and was the second son and third child in a family consisting of seven sons and three daughters born to Malcolm C. and Phoebe D. (Bailey) Andrews. When he was five years of age he moved with his parents to Delaware county, Iowa, and the family settled on a farm near Manchester, where they remained about five years, and then moved to Cerro Gordo county, Iowa, and settled on a farm near Mason City, where our subject lived with his parents until about 1882. He attended the common schools and the high school at Rockford, Iowa, and in the spring of 1882 went to Clitherall. Otter Tail county, Minnesota, where he engaged in the drug business four years, and then removed his stock of goods to Milnor, Sargent county, North Dakota. He continued in the business in Milnor for four years, until 1890, when he disposed of his stock and located on his present farm on section 4 of Milnor township. He is now the owner of three hundred and twenty acres of land, and on his home farm has erected substantial and commodious buildings and provided comfortable quarters for his produce and stock. Since 1890 he has been engaged in breeding fine road and carriage horses, and now has about thirty head of fine specimens. His farm is well known throughout that region as "The North Dakota Stock Farm."
Mr. Andrews was married, in Brampton, Sargent county, North Dakota, June 2, 1888, to Miss Carrie Finch, daughter of William and Elizabeth Finch, of Sargent county. Mrs. Andrews is a native of Canada . Two children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Andrews, as follows: Lyle B. and Neil B. Mr. Andrews takes an active interest in local affairs, and is an earnest supporter of church work. He is a member of the Masonic fraternity and Knights of Pythias.
E. W. BARTON, a resident of section 10. of Vivian township, is one of the early settlers of Sargent county. He has followed the pursuit of agriculture with marked success, and is now the owner of a fine farm consisting of six hundred and forty acres of land, on which he has placed modern improvements.
Our subject was born in Buffalo, New York, April 15, 1843. He was reared in his native place and remained there until he enlisted in Company C, Forty-ninth New York Volunteer Infantry, in September, 1862. He was wounded in the left leg at the battle of Gettysburg. He served three years, or until the close of the war, and was a brave and loyal soldier.
After the close of hostilities Mr. Barton returned to Buffalo, and after a short stay there went to Minnesota and engaged in farming near Winona, where he remained some ten years, and then removed to Lyon county, Minnesota, and engaged in farming there three years. He then returned to Winona and remained four years, and in the spring of 1882 went to Sargent county. North Dakota, then known as Ransom county, Dakota. He settled in Vivian township, where he has since resided. He is now the possessor of six hundred and forty acres of land, and is one of the substantial men of his community.
Our subject was married in Winona, Minnesota, to Miss Emma Smith, a native of Vermont. One child has been born to Mr. and Mrs. Barton, upon whom they have bestowed the name of Alta. Mr. Barton is a member of the G. A. R. and the Royal Arcanum. He is an interested worker for the advancement of his county and township, and has served two terms as county commissioner of Sargent county. He is held in the highest esteem by his associates, and is deserving of success.
ANTON P. BERGER, a prominent business man of Milnor, Sargent county, has met with success in whatever vocation he is engaged. He is a man of much force and business ability, and his present business interests insure him a comfortable competence. He is one of the firm of Tisdel, Melhus & Berger, and the firm carries a complete stock of general merchandise.
Mr. Berger was born In Norway, July 1, 1853. He was reared in his native country and received a common-school education, and learned the tailor trade, at which he was engaged there for some time. He also followed other occupations until he came to America in the spring of 1879. He located at Lanesboro, Filmore county, Minnesota, where he followed the tailor's trade for a few months and was later engaged at painting on the Canadian Pacific Railroad for about one and a half years. He then returned to Lanesboro and engaged in painting for about six months, when, in the spring of 1884, he went to Milnor, where he engaged in the saloon business until the prohibition law went into effect. After a few months he engaged in the mercantile business to which he has given his attention since. The present firm of Tisdel, Melhns & Berger was formed March 1, 1892. They carry a stock of general merchandise, and are among the leading merchants of Sargent county.
Mr. Berger was married September 4, 1894, in Milnor, North Dakota, to Miss .Mary Woldy, who was born in Wisconsin, of Norwegian parentage. Mr. Berger is a member of the Masonic Fraternity, and Modern Woodmen of America. He has been village treasurer and township treasurer, and is a man in whom the people have much confidence.
JOSEPH O. BLOUIN, a wealthy farmer of Hall township, Sargent county, is one of the most influential men of that community. He is an extensive land owner and has been a resident of North Dakota since 1888. He laid out the present town site of De Lamere, in 1898, and has aided in the development and advancement of that vicinity.
Our subject was born in the province of Quebec, May 15, 1859. His parents, Maglore and Camla (Furnet) Blouin, were of French descent and moved to Sargent county, North Dakota, in 1892, since which time they have been residents of Hall township.
Our subject was reared to manhood in his native place and lived there until twenty-three years of age. He assisted his father with the farm work and attended school and when he left Quebec, in 1882, came to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, where he followed different occupations until 1888. In the summer of that year he settled in Hall township, on section 17, where he has since followed farming. He is the possessor of thirteen hundred and sixty acres of land in Hall township and engages extensively in general farming.
Mr. Blouin takes an active part in all local affairs of interest and has been a member of the board of supervisors of Hall township for several years. He started in life without means, but by persistent efforts and well-directed labor he has accumulated wealth and has gained an enviable reputation while attending to his farm work and looking to the better interests of his community.
JOHN M. BLYTHE. As a progressive farmer and public-spirited citizen of Sargent county, this gentleman is entitled to prominent mention. He is proprietor of a fine estate in Herman township, and his home is located in section 14. He is an ex-soldier, and in all public affairs is ever ready to defend the right, and work for the advancement of his country and fellowmen. He has gained his possessions through his own efforts, and provided a competence to enjoy through his declining years.
Our subject was born in Lincolnshire, England, July 4, 1833. He was reared in his native place and remained there until about eighteen years of age, when he came to America, and after a few months spent in Buffalo, New York, went to Illinois and followed brick making about four years in Cook county. From thence he went to Adams county, Wisconsin, and engaged in farming, residing there until the fall of 1861, when he enlisted in the Eighth Wisconsin Light Artillery. He served nearly four years, and was mustered out of the service in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He then returned to Adams county, and resumed farming, remaining there until 1879. and then removed to Columbia county, Wisconsin, where he lived one year. He went to Dakota in March, 1882, and preempted one hundred and sixty acres in Herman township, Sargent county, where he has since resided. He has improved his estate, and added to his possessions, and is now the fortunate owner of four hundred and eighty acres of land.
Our subject was married in Cook county, Illinois, February 16, 1856, to Miss Hannah Williamson, who was also a native of Lincolnshire, England. Five children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Blythe, as follows: Emma, Fannie, Hannah, Charles and Sabina. He has also an adopted son, Harry H. Blythe. Mr. Blythe takes an active part in church affairs, and with his entire family are members of the Methodist Episcopal denomination. He is well known throughout that vicinity, and has served his community in various offices of trust, including school offices. Politically he is a Republican, and is firm in his convictions.
ALBERT N. CARLBLOM, the present well-known state auditor of North Dakota, and a recognized leader in the ranks of the Republican party, was born in Cokato, Wright county, Minnesota, December 17, 1865, a son of John G. and Elizabeth (Anderson) Carlblom, both natives of Sweden. The father, who was a farmer by occupation, came to the United States in 1864, and settled in Wright county. Minnesota, where he followed his chosen calling until 1881, when he became a resident of Sargent county. North Dakota, making his home there until called from this life in 1899. His wife had passed away in 1898. To them were born seven children, five sons and two daughters, all living in either North Dakota or Minnesota.
Our subject acquired his early education in the common schools of his native state and then entered Gustavus Adolplus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, from which he was graduated in 1886. Prior to coming to this state with his parents in 1881, he had engaged in teaching school in Minnesota, and later followed the same profession in Sargent county. He also engaged in farming and clerking for some time. In 1889 he was appointed deputy county treasurer of Sargent county for two years, and in 1891 was made deputy auditor of the same county. He was elected auditor in 1892, and so creditably and satisfactorily did he fill the office that he was re-elected in 1894 and again in 1896. In 1898 he was elected state auditor on the Republican ticket and entered upon the duties of the office January 3, 1899. His public duties have always been most promptly and faithfully discharged, winning the commendation of even his political enemies, and he has proved a most popular official.
On the 23rd of March, 1898, Mr. Carlblom married Miss Josephine Peterson, also a native of Minnesota. They are the parents of one daughter. Vera Leonore. Mr. and Mrs. Carlblom are members of the Lutheran church. The Republican party has always found in him a stanch supporter of its principles, and he has been a member of both state and county committees, and has served as president and secretary of the Sargent County Republican League. He is widely and favorably known and has many friends throughout the state.
HON. AMENZO M. COOK. A prominent place as a citizen and extensive stock raiser and general farmer is accorded this gentleman. He has resided in North Dakota for the past fifteen years, and is well known and highly esteemed. He makes his home in Bowen township, Sargent county, and his residence on section is fitted with all the conveniences and comforts of a country home.
Mr. Cook was born in Tompkins, Jackson county, Michigan, January 5, 1845. His father, John N. Cook, was a native of Cattaraugus county, New York, and died in Jackson county, Michigan, in 1865, aged forty-three years. The mother of our subject, who bore the maiden name of Melvina Dixon, was born in Indiana. They were the parents of five children, all sons, of whom our subject was the eldest. He was reared on his father's farm in Jackson county. Michigan, where he resided until 1882, with tlie exception of two years spent in Eaton county, that state. He was engaged in farming, and in April, 1882, removed to North Dakota, and the following June settled on the farm where he now resides. He has erected substantial farm buildings and has added other improvements to the place, and engages chiefly in stock raising. He is now the owner of six hundred and forty acres of land, and has made a success of his vocation.
Our subject was married, in Jackson county, Michigan, October 21, 1866, to Miss Jennie Cockburn, who was born in Ingham county, Michigan, January 17, 1847. Mrs. Cook was reared in Jackson county, Michigan, and was a daughter of William and Mary Jane (McHan) Cockburn Her father was a native of Scotland, and was of Scotch-English parentage, and died in Jackson, Michigan, at the age of forty years.. Mrs. Cook's mother was a native of Quebec. Five children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Cook, as follows: John N" Charles V" Mabel C. Borben D. and Marion A. Mr. Cook was elected to the territorial legislature in the fall of 1887, and served one term. He was one of the first county commissioners of Sargent county elected to that office, and held the position three years, when he resigned. He was chairman of the board of county commissioners during his entire service. During the Civil war he served about three months in the Twentieth Michigan Volunteer Infantry, and was detailed for hospital service. He is a member of the Masonic fraternity, which order he has been identified with since 1867. He is an upright, earnest man. and well deserves his success.
MAURICE E. DYE, who has devoted much time to the study and development of the dairy interests of the state of North Dakota, may well be classed among the up builders of his locality. He is the pioneer dairyman of that region, and his efforts to promulgate all dairy and stock enterprises have been untiring. He now resides on section 32 in Sydna township, and is engaged profitably in butter and cheese making.
Our subject was born in Sheboygan county, Wisconsin, November 15, 1856, and was the second in a family of seven children, born to Alonzo and Sarah (Breed) Dye. He settled in that part of Ransom county, which is now known as Sargent county. May 24, 1882, a few miles distant from his present home. There he engaged in wheat raising and gradually increased his investments in stock, but the supply of water failed, and he was forced to seek a new location, when he secured a farm which he operated until 1900. He is now operating a farm on section 34 township 134, range 55. He had a fairly good start in dairy cows, and devoted himself to cheese making. He introduced the Holstein cattle, and of late has been changing to the Galoway, and as range is abundant is intending to change to beef cattle to some extent. He was instrumental in starting a creamery at Milnor, but this is at present idle for lack of patronage, although hope is held that it will yet prove a success.
Our subject was married, in 1885, to Miss Alice R. Gates. Mr. and Mrs. Dye are the parents of live sons, named as follows: Arthur E., Perley H., Verner A., Floyd L. and Dexter G. Mr. Dye is one of the enterprising and progressive men of his community, and enjoys an enviable reputation. In political faith he is a Republican and Prohibitionist.
HENRY P. FOLEY. The wealth of Sargent county is due largely to the well regulated farms, and Hall township is not without its share of the same. One of these carefully cultivated tracts of land belongs to the gentleman above named. It is located in section 27 ,and consists of one hundred and sixty acres, on which buildings of substantial construction and good design have been erected.
Mr. Foley is a native of Norway, and was born October 9, 1859. When he was but four and a half years of age he came to America with his parents, and the family lived one year in Illinois, and then settled in Winneshiek county, Iowa, on a farm, and there our subject grew to manhood, and continued to reside until 1882, when the family went to Sargent county, North Dakota, and settled in section 27, in Hall township, where our subject and his parents, Peter and Inga (Thompson) Foley, have since resided.
Henry P. Foley was married in Hall township, Sargent county, North Dakota, July 21, 1895, to Miss Selma Nygaard. Mrs. Foley was born in Norway, January 14, 1875, and was a daughter of Olaf and Maria Nygaard. She came to America with her parents in 1885, and the family settled in Hall township, where the mother died November 9, 1898. Mr. and Mrs. Foley are the parents of two children, as follows: Julius O. and Marie O. The family are members of the Norwegian Lutheran church. Mr. Foley takes an active part in all affairs of a public nature, and has served as chairman of the board of supervisors of Hall township. He is a gentleman of industrious habits, and careful methods, and has gathered about him the comforts of a country home, and provided for the time when he rests from active labors.
ANDREW A. FRISKOP, an influential and well-to-do farmer of Sargent County, has acquired his fortune by dint of his own efforts. He is a foreign-born citizen, but has become thoroughly identified with American progress and is one of the leading men of his community. He has a fine farm in Hall township and his home on section 24 furnishes all the comforts of rural life.
Our subject was born in Norway September 28, 1850. He resided in his native land until the spring of 1877, when he came to America and located in Winneshiek County, Iowa, where he remained five years, working at farm labor. He went to Sargent County, North Dakota, in the spring of 1882 and entered a homestead claim to land on section 24, of Hall township, where he located and has since been a resident. He has erected a complete set of farm buildings of substantial and commodious form and his farm bears every evidence of good management. He has added to his possessions and is now the owner of five hundred and sixty acres of land.
Our subject was married, in the spring of 1883, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, to Helmine Gilbertson, who was born in Winneshiek County June 17, 1861. Mr. and Mrs. Friskop are the parents of six children, as follows: Edwin, Albert, Nora, Alma, Henry and Clara. Mr. Friskop is an active church worker and is a member of the Norwegian Lutheran church. He takes much interest in local affairs of a public nature and works earnestly for the better interests of his community. He has served as township assessor two years, school treasurer thirteen years, township treasurer six years and County commissioner six years. He was a candidate on the Independent ticket in the fall of 1898 for the state legislature and is one of the leading men of Sargent County. He is a gentleman of true worth and highly respected wherever he is known.
OLE HANSEN, one of the leading business men of Sargent county, is a resident of Milnor. He is an old settler of that locality and has for many years been identified with the business interests of that region. He is a man of large means and has taken an active part in all moves calculated to benefit his town or county, and his name is closely connected with the history of the development of Sargent county.
Our subject was born in Norway, January 27, 1853. He came to America in 1859 with his parents when he was but six years of age, and the family settled in Crawford county, Wisconsin, on a farm, where our subject was reared to manhood. He continued his residence there until 1879 and in June of that year went to North Dakota and was engaged in farming four years near Kindred, Cass county. He went to Sargent county in the spring of 1882 and entered claim to a homestead in Milnor township, where he lived about three years, after which he located in the village of Milnor, where he has since resided. He engaged in blacksmithing some five years and then engaged in the hardware and farm machinery business, which he has since followed. He carries a complete stock and is well known as an able business man. He owns one half-section of land in Milnor and Highland townships. He was one of the organizers of the Farmers' Mill & Grain Company and was chosen president of the same, which position he still holds.
Our subject was married, in Crawford county, Wisconsin, to Miss Lottie Torgeson, a native of that state. Six children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Hansen, as follows: Carl, Melker, Tinnie, Christina, Olena and Rodena. Mr. Hansen takes an active interest in the affairs of his village and township and has held the office of village trustee in Milnor.
RANDOLPH HOLDING, the efficient and popular postmaster of Ransom, North Dakota, has been a resident of Sargent county since the early days of the settlement of that region, and is intimately connected with its early history. He is a man of loyal purpose, and in the great struggle of 1861-65 defended his country's preservation, and can review his long and brave service with justifiable pride.
Mr. Holding was born in Coral, McHenry county, Illinois, July 27, 1844. \Mien he was ten years of age he moved with his parents to Montcalm county, Michigan, and settled on a farm and lived there until 1861, when he went to St. Cloud, Minnesota. He enlisted, August 14, 1862, in Company E, Eighth Minnesota Volunteer Infantry, and served three years. At the close of the war he returned to Stearns county, Minnesota, where he was engaged in farming for several years, and then engaged in the mercantile business in Holding's Ford, where he remained in business until 1882. He then went to Sargent county. North Dakota, in April of that year, and engaged in the mercantile business' in Ransom, in which he continued until 1894, when he disposed of the business to his son. He is interested in a tract of land of four hundred and eighty acres in Ransom township. He has held the office of postmaster of Ransom since taking up his residence in Sargent county, with the exception of eight years, and enjoys the confidence of the people.
Our subject was married, in Morrison county, Minnesota, to Lavina Trask, a native of Maine. Three children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Holding, as follows: Albert C, William R. and Adelbert E. Mr. Holding has been justice of the peace for several years, and served as county commissioner for two years. He is a member of the G.A. R. and Independent Order of Odd Fellows.
WILLIAM HURLY, editor and proprietor of the "Sargent County Independent," is a gentleman of high standing in his community. He has varied financial interests in that locality, and is widely known as an able business man.
Mr. Hurly was born in Tralee, Ireland, June 12, 1854, and came to America when six years of age, in company with his older brother. He resided in Barrie, Ontario, one year, and then moved to Kelvin, Brant county, Ontario, where he remained until April, 1866, when he went to St. Joseph, Michigan, and attended the public schools. He entered the printing office of the "St. Joseph Traveler" in 1871, and learned the printer's trade, remaining in the office for some time, a part of which time he was foreman of the shop. He worked at his trade in St. Joseph and Benton Harbor till the fall of 1874, and was editor of the "St. Joseph Republican" for about one year. He went to Chicago in the fall of 1874. where, in company with one partner, he operated a job printing office till the fall of 1875, when he sold his interests and soon thereafter returned to Benton Harbor and established the "Benton Harbor Times," in company with his brother, which they operated about one year. He was interested in the printing business and also dealt in real estate in St. Joseph, Benton Harbor and Berrien Springs till the spring of 1887. He went to Kentucky soon after establishing the paper in Benton Harbor, Michigan, and was employed at Louisville and Owensboro, for a few months, when he returned to Chicago and was employed in different job offices for several months. He went to Forman in the spring of 1887, and took a tree claim and also a homestead claim to land in Rutland and Forman townships, Sargent county. North Dakota, and in June of the year following established the "Sargent County Independent," of which he has since been editor and proprietor. The paper is a Republican in politics, and is enjoying a wide circulation and increased popularity. Since about 1897 Mr. Hurly has acted as traveling agent for the Northwestern Land Companies, formerly the Graves & Vinton Company. He also deals in real estate and is engaged extensively in stock raising.
Our subject was born in Loudonville, Ohio, in July, 1887, to Miss Ella B. Murphy, a native of Berrien county, Michigan. Mr. and Mrs. Hurly have been the parents of nine children, eight of whom are now living, as follows: John, Robert, William, Edith, Affie, Leo, Gertrude and Mildred. One son, Thomas B., was accidentally shot when five years of age, causing his death.
EDWARD E. JOHNSON, one of the wide-awake and well-to-do members of the farming; community of Shuman township, in Sargent County, has gained an estate covering four hundred and eighty acres of land, by persistent industry and strict attention to business. He has been a resident of Dakota nearly twenty years, and has become thoroughly identified with its history, and in all matters pertaining to the up building of his township and county is always ready to aid by his support and good influence. For the past fifteen years he has made his home in section to of Shuman township, and his farm is one of the well-improved tracts of land in that locality.
Our subject was born in Norway, December 15, 1854. He was but two and a half years of age when the family came to America, in 1857, and settled in Crawford county, Wisconsin, where our subject was reared to manhood. He attended the common schools, and resided there until the spring of 1880, when he went to Dakota, and settled in Richland County. He resided there five years, and then moved his family to their present home in Sargent County, having taken the land as a homestead in 1883. He has added valuable improvements to the place, and is now the owner of four hundred and eighty acres of land, and engages in general farming, meeting with success.
Our subject was married in Crawford County, Wisconsin, June 25, 1879, to Miss Christina Torgerson, who was born in Crawford County, Wisconsin, September 14, 1859. Mr. and Mrs. Johnson are the parents of four children, as follows: Edward, Emma J., Albert, and Palmer. Mr. Johnson is active in all local affairs, and has served as county commissioner for Sargent County for several terms, and is the present chairman of the board, and has been township assessor of Shuman township for several successive years, and also a member of the school board for several years. He is one who justly deserves his prominent place among the people of Sargent County.
OLE A. JOHNSON, an industrious and earnest farmer residing on section 26, in Hall township, is one of the early settlers of Sargent county and has labored for the advancement of that region. He has gained his possessions by his own efforts and is accorded a prominent place in the minds of those among whom he has resided for so many years. His farm bears every evidence of careful management and well-directed labor and he has gained a competence to tide him through his declining years.
Our subject was born in. Dane county, Wisconsin, December 14, 1855. He was reared on his father's farm in that county and educated in the common schools, and made his home with his parents until he was seventeen, or in 1872, when he went to Michigan and was there about six months. He then returned home for a brief period and then went to Fort Howard, Wisconsin, and worked in the lumber region for thirteen months. He again returned home for a short time. He then went to Houston county, Minnesota, where he worked by the month at farm labor for some two or three years, after which he went to Fargo, North Dakota, where he was employed for some time in the sale stable of Hanson & Osgood, and then went to Sargent county, in 1882, and entered claim to a homestead of one hundred and sixty acres on section 26, in Hall township, where he has since resided, with the exception of two years, when he was engaged in selling farm machinery in Milnor. He has erected a complete set of nice farm buildings and made every arrangement for the enjoyment of rural life. He has added to his possessions from time to time and is now the owner of three hundred and forty-seven acres of land.
Our subject was married, in Milnor. North Dakota, June 27, 1885, to Miss Sophia M. Larson, who was born in Norway. Four children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, three of whom are now living, as follows: Minnie E., Smith M. and Arthur T. One son, Melvin S., died October 8, 1892.
OLE B. JORGENSON, who has devoted his career to mercantile pursuits, is a gentleman of wide experience and is well known as a citizen of honest principles and earnest efforts. He makes his home in Milnor. Sargent county, and is connected with the firm of Tisdel, Melhus & Berger, general merchants of that village.
Mr. Jorgenson was born in Norway, October 31. 1856. When ten years of age he came to America with his parents and the family settled in Kandiyohi county, Minnesota, where the father engaged in farming and where our subject remained until he was sixteen years of age. He was educated in the common schools and at the Normal School at St. Cloud. Minnesota, and at tlie age of sixteen years entered the employ of W. W. Finney, a merchant of New Loudon, Minnesota, as clerk, and remained there five years. He then went to Willmar, :Minnesota, and was employed as clerk in a mercantile establishment for several years and then engaged in the mercantile business in Willmar, in company with John A. Berg. After one year fire destroyed their stock and the firm dissolved partnership. Mr. Jorgenson went to Milnor, Sargent county, North Dakota, in June, 1885, and was employed as clerk for Flecten & Company for a few months and in the fall of 1886 engaged with A. Helgeson & Company. as clerk, remaining with them two years, after which he accepted his present position with Tisdel, Melhus & Berger.
Our subject was married, at Irving, Minnesota, July I, 1881, to Miss Jennie Olson, a native of Norway. Mr. and Mrs. Jorgenson are the parents of three children, as follows: Carl O., Minnie R. and Oliver M. Mr. Jorgenson is a member of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and Modern \\'oodmen of America. He is an earnest worker for educational advancement and has been president of the school board for several years. He has many friends throughout that locality and is a gentleman of true worth.
The information on Trails to the Past © Copyright 2019 may be used in personal family history research, with source citation. The pages in entirety may not be duplicated for publication in any fashion without the permission of the owner. Commercial use of any material on this site is not permitted. Please respect the wishes of those who have contributed their time and efforts to make this free site possible.~Thank you!