St. David Parish family histories
| Map | Parish
Records | Census | Vitals
| Cemeteries | Photos
| Military | Cape
Ann | Genealogies | History
| Geology | Links
St. David Parish Genealogies
Note: all files are opened in a new window. Close that
window to return to this page
Woodcock Genealogy - thanks
to Clarence Woodock
Hitchings Family - from Karen Smith Howell
Linnekin of Oak Bay - Privateer Loyalist
- Mark Scott and Samuel Scott of Tower Hill
- Johnstons originally
of Sorrel Ridge - some move to St. David - eg. John V. Johnston
x Caroline Cook
- MEMORIAL OF THE
LOYALIST FAMILIES OF WILLIAM MOORE, JOSIAH HITCHINGS AND ROBERT
LIVINGSTONE, who Settled
in Saint David, New Brunswick, about the year 1785 and Incidentally
of Other Families - Compiled by John Elliott Moore Published
by: Journal Office, Lewiston, ME 1898 -
- MOFFATT'S NOTES -The above has
wonderfully detailed material on these families. For their grants,
see the maps of 1785 and the crown grant maps.
- NOTE: ISAAC COOK and wife SUSANNA
DUSTEN get a mention on page 39 but the mention of a daughter RHODA
is apparently in error - It should be MARY instead. A view of
the house they built is available on the site. The author had
the tale of the 'attack' somewhat garbled as well - it was actually
the attack on Trenton (Dec. 26, 1776) that Isaac Cook took part
- The Ebenezer Smith Files - Ebenezer Smith arrived in St. David before 1800.
Interesting material from Steve Robbins.
Brown Files - 30 pages
of documents on a fascinating family with connections beyond
- to Machias, Cooper, etc.. Principally
based on James and Green Brown.Thanks to Steve Robbins.
- Green Brown Files
- descendants - related to St. David and to Meddybemps/Cooper.
rtf file | .pdf
file - 38 pages - thanks to Steve Robbins
Pollard - Arrived in
St. David 1821 -Thanks to Steve Robbins
- Calvin Sharman
- Arrived in St. David from US before 1800 - Thanks to Steve
Family Bible image -
.pdf one page (Adobe
- The Connick
Files - Major set of
early documents related to Joseph Connick, Thanks to Steve Robbins.
Really Good Stuff!!!
SPRAGUE Genealogy, Oak
Bay area, submitted by Warren
Hasty 15 May 2000
- SPRAGUE Family Databaseoff-site link 24 May 2000
- The ARNIE KRAUSE Databases
- THE GENEALOGY DATABASE
- Krause Genealogy Database
- Arnie Krause runs a huge 75,000
name database, which includes quite a number of St. David Parish
families. He has done a wonderful job of putting together much
information - not complete, mind you, but very impressive. In
many cases the subsequent generations can be followed.
- Below are some of the early
St. David settlers this author has noted:
- Peter Christie - an original Cape Ann Association settler
- Jessie Christie - son of the above
- Sylvester Cottrell
- Early settler in St. David
- Josiah Hitchings - an original Cape Ann Association settler
- Alfred Maxwell - Moores Mills area
- Daniel McAllister - Another of the New Boston Cape Ann
- William Moore - A complex and distinguished family.
Includes four important sons, and all their connections
- James Perkins - Upper St. David Ridge
- Samuel Thomas - Original Cape Ann Association settler,
arrived as a teenager
- Jacob Young - An important Oak Bay family
- No doubt, there are more St.
David families in the Krause Database. I notice Thompson among