New Madrid County,
was formed in
1812 as an Original District;
the county seat is
Marston in New Madrid County
Marston is located in the south central part of the county south of Lilbourn.
(--The State of Mo. in 1904, p. 459.)
Marston was settled in October, 1898;
among the first settlers were George W. Coleman and E. F. Sharp.
E. F. Sharp was the first mayor of the town.
The early merchants were Barnes Store Co., M. H. Maxey and Finnsberry & Mennen.
In 1912 there were two general stores, six grocery stores and one drug store. Also,
there was a stave factory, one hoop factory, and a cotton gin. (--Hist. of Southeast Mo.,
1912, Douglas, Vol. 1, p. 372.)
It is located at Sec. 25 & 26, Twp. 22 N, R. 13 E, at the junction of Highways 61 & EE.
Towns and wide places in the road in
New Madrid County Mo