The Klapmeyer Burying Ground
Section 20, Township 47, Range 33W
Directly south of Martin City, Missouri, less than a quarter of a mile, is this old Family Burying Ground on the homestead of J. H. Klapmeyer, who came to Missouri in 1826 and to Westport in 1832. The site reserved on this farm for burial purposes is about 25 feet square and is enclosed by a stone wall. The following inscriptions were copied from the stones and the granite monument found there:
In Memory of Our Father and Mother
J. H. Klapmeyer, b: Feb. 26, 1801, d: Jan. 9, 1879
E. C. Klapmeyer, b: Dec. 30, 1813, d: March 11, 1862
Losa, William, son of Wm. and Mary Losa, b: May 25, 1861, d: Aug. 18, 1861
Klapmeyer, Lizzie K., wife of Wm. Klapmeyer, b: May 3, 1859, d: Jan. 21, 1890
Losa, Mary, wife of Wm. Losa and daughter of J. H. and A. C. E. Klapmeyer, b: April 13, 1837, d: Aug. 9, 1861
Reinsch, infant son of F. and A. Reinsch, b: and d: Feb. 20, 1890
Reinsch, Bertha, daughter of F. and A. Reinsch, d: July 18, 1872; age: 8 months, 17 days
Information given by Mrs. Henry Klapmeyer (Mollie McKinney), Martin City, MO.
This page was last updated August 19, 2006.