Tour of Cold Water Cemetery
Click on a picture to see a larger version.
Cold Water Cemetery is probably the oldest existing burial ground of the American settlers who came west of the Mississippi River
A Memorial Garden was dedicated in 1976 and contains many unidentified tombstone and monument remnants
"In memory of the veterans buried herein and all other unmarked graves. A Bicentennial project"
A Wall of Honor has been established for placement of Memorial Plaques
"In honor of Edward & Margaret Hume 1979 John Patterson Chapter DAR"
Veterans from nine wars are buried in the cemetery
The MSSDAR has established a Perpetual Care Fund to take care of future needs of the cemetery
A new stone retaining wall was added in 1997
The cemetery is enclosed with beautiful black wrought iron fence and surrounded by woods
Burial and Cremation Plots may be purchased by DAR members, their families and family members of those already interred in the cemetery
Names of many pioneer settlers of St. Louis County may be seen on the monuments
Eusebius Hubbard, Revolutionary War Soldier, moved to St. Louis County, Missouri about 1800
John Patterson, Sr., Revolutionary War Soldier, brought his family to Missouri from North Carolina in 1797
Keziah Horneday Patterson, first wife of John Patterson, Sr., believed to be one of the first burials in 1809, though original stone never found
Reverend John Clark, first Protestant minister to preach the Gospel west of the Mississippi River and is closely associated with the earliest Methodist and Baptist history of Missouri