Clinton Co. MOGenWeb
Wilkerson Family Cemetery
Location: adjacent to 1424 S. "C" Highway, southeast of Plattsburg MO
| Cemeteries | Clinton Co. MOGenWeb |
- J. W.
- L. W.
- Wm. S. Wilkerson - date of death 3-18-1862, aged 51 yrs 11 mos 12 days
- Mary B. [Chrisman] - date of death 8-7-????, wife of Wm. B. Chrisman
- Green - no other name or initials, no dates
- John Wilkerson - no dates
- no name, date of birth 7-22-1870, date of death 8-7-1870, daughter of W. B. Chrisman
- no name, died Mar 9, 1863, aged 22 yrs 1 mo 28 days
- Laura? [Wilkerson], date of death 2-19-1878, aged 64 yrs 19 days, wife of W. S. Wilkerson. Inscription: "Farewell my dear children all, from your mother"
- Amanda J. [Arnold], died 6-29-1870, aged 17 yrs 1 mo 21 days, wife of R. B. Arnold, daughter of W. S. & L. Wilkerson
- M. E. C.
- M. ?. C.
- inscription from isolated broken piece of stone:
"Green grows the ...
Friend of my better? days
None ... ... but to love
... ... but to you"
Green be the turf above thee,
Friend of my better days!
None knew thee but to love thee,
Nor named thee but to praise [cf. On the Death of Joseph Rodman Drake by Fitz-Greene Halleck (1790-1867)]
Transcriber's notes: Jimmie Lou Courtney chalked the stones, Linda Livingston recorded the data, Bill Livingston "hefted" the stones, so they could be transcribed. They had to drive through a tall weedy pasture, across a creek bed, and up a "mountain"; then crawl between the "hog wire" and the "barbed wire" above it to find the tombstones were in a jumble at the base of trees.
| Top | Cemeteries | Clinton Co. MOGenWeb |
Updated: 3 Jun 2003
Copyright © 2006 Clinton Co. MOGenWeb