The Sibley House in Mendota
was built in 1836 by Henry H. Sibley, who became first governor of the
State of Minnesota. From 1910 until 1996, the Sibley House Association
owned and preserved it.
of 1997, the Minnesota State Society of the Daughters of the American
Revolution turned the ownership of the Sibley Historic Site to the
state of Minnesota and the mangement to the Minnesota Historical Society.
The house stand today in the beauty of it's continued restoration, a
reminder of the generous and elegant hospitality bestowed upon friend
and stranger by General Sibley, a pioneer and leading citizen of early
The Sibley House is supported
by the Friends of
the Sibley Historic Site.
Excerpts from "The
Sibley Historic Site"
Published 1995 by Sibley House Association / MNSSDAR.