........................................................Founders Day August 8th, 1998
Schedule of Events
The town of Raymond, Cumberland County, Maine is situated in the heart of the "Lakes Region", about 20 miles west of downtown Portland, Maine. It was first settled in 1770, and incorporated on 21 June 1803. Raymond has approximate 4,000 year round residents.Many people have chosen Raymond, with it's sixty four miles of beautiful lakefront as their summer home destination.
History of Raymond
Map of Raymond
City of Raymond A most wonderful site!
Raymond Village Library, Phyllis Hetzler, Director Route 121, PO Box 297, Raymond, ME 04071 207-655-4283
Nathanial Hawthorne House
Town Hall on Webbs Mills Road
Raymond Historical Trail Project with Photos and Histories of Raymond Past & Present
Raymond Surname Links to historic references...
Churches Raymond & Windham, Casco, Naples, Gray, New Gloucester, Sebago, Standish
The Raymond Village Church, Main Street, Raymond Village, built in 1879, Pastor: Reverend Richard Tulip
The East Raymond Union Chapel, Route 85, East Raymond, built in 1890, Reverend Charles Ihloff
Lake Region Baptist Church, Roosevelt Trail, Pastor: Reverend Elmer E. Young
Christ Chapel, Main Street, Raymond Village, Pastor: Reverend Ray Penney
Casco Alliance Church, Route 302, Casco Pastor: Lee Nanfelt 655-4054
St. Anns Episcopal Church, P.O. Box 911, Windham ME 04062 http://www.ime.net/~folsom (207)892-8447 Rector: Rev. H. Roy Partridge, Jr.
Cumberland County Resources
Cumberland County Home Page
Map Cumberland County
Cumberland County Offices
Surrounding Communities Westbrook , Gorham, Standish , New Glouchester, Portland, Scarborough, Naples, Raymond, Gray, Cape Elizabeth, Windham, Sebago, Casco
Links to other Cumberland County Towns
Maine & Misc Resources
New Hampshire Resources
Census Project NH US GenWeb
Census Project Gloucester, MA New England
Census Project MA US GenWeb
Essex County Massachusetts Genealogy Project
The Massachusetts Archives Guide to the geneaology holdings select "Family History Resources"
New England Resources
Census Project Gloucester, MA New England
New England Connections -- Only New England Families and Locations
US GenWeb Resources
Census Project US GenWeb
US GenWeb Archives
Please feel free to post a query for your surname in Raymond. However, if your lines are not in Cumberland County, please do not enter a query here. View Current and Archived Queries along with information on how to Post your own query. Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subj: Sebago Lookup Date: 6/23/98 8:18:44 PM From: email@example.com (Brent & Jan Hill) BURNELL Jeanette, b.1871, m. 1 Jun 1889 to William Edgar Weymouth, d. 9 Jan 1919 Gorham, Maine She is my great grandmother and I am looking for her parents.
Subj: surname Taylor Date: 98-06-20 14:30:13 EDT From: firstname.lastname@example.org (susan d szewczyk) Hi folks, I'm looking for (Polly or Mary Taylor's folks) she was born 9-9-1836 in Poland, Me she married Richard Howe Strout 12-1854 in Poland, Me. She died 10-30-1879 in Raymond, Me. Thanks for any help.Sue Ny
Subj: TV Stations - Portland ME Date: 98-06-20 15:03:47 EDT From: Moe8448 To:email@example.com Stations in the Portland, Maine, area are: Fox 51 (UPN35), 2320 Congress Street, Portland ME. (207) 774-0051. WCSH-TV, 1 Congress Square, Portland ME. (207) 828-6666. WGME-TV, 1335 Washington Avenue, Portland ME. (207) 797-9330. WMTW, 475 Congress Street, Portland ME. (207) 775-1800. Julie Pease Galipeau Moe8448@aol.com
Subj: Surnames Raymond area Date: 98-06-22 14:30:13 EDT From: RockyFJ40@aol.com My personal research in the Raymond area would be on the following surnames
- EVANS, Birney b10/14/1867 married MORTON, Cora B
- EVANS, George E b 1/1/1855 m HARMON, Emma J
- EVANS, John B b 2/19/1830 m WELCH, Sarah Elizabeth
- EVANS, John W. b1862 m JONES, Harriet B
- EVANS, Loring S. b 1873 m SMITH, Hattie
- EVANS, Nellie m BURNELL, Walter R.
- FOSTER, Grace b1714 m TRUMBLE, Judah III
- FOSTER several others m BURNELL & BLACK
- HARMON, Charles B b 1841 d 1/8/1862
- HARMON, Hannah b m PEASE James
- HARMON, Mulbry b 1808 d 8/5/1886 m Rebecca ?
- HARMON, Mulberry Jr b 1854 d 1/1/1921 m WELCH, Anna R
- HARMON, Sarah C b 1854 d 10/27/1872
- HILL, Gladys b 10/19/1901 d 10/21/1965 m Hall, ?
- HILL, ? m TRUMBLE (TRUMBULL), Alice B.
- HOOPER, Elizabeth E b11/27/1859 d 9/26/1918 m MAINS, Walter S.
- LITTLE, Ella Ruth b 1858 m WALLACE, William A
- MAINS, Benjamin m KNIGHT, Mary
- MAINS, Charles G b 1860 m BRADISH, Hattie Jane Smith
- 18 more MAINS m to MERRILL, EMERY, LITTLEFIELD, COONEY, & WELCH
- MCDONALD, Laura E m WELCH, Albert L
- PEASE about 200 mostly in Buxton & Westbrook
- SMITH, Hannah B b1843 d 1911 m WELCH, Sewall
- SMITH about 100 more in Standish, Buxton & Raymond areas.m ADAMS, WELCH,
- EVANS, WALLACE, WELLER, MARSH, COLE, PEASE, etc..
- THOMPSON, Greenleaf m RICH, Abby
- THOMPSON, George H b 1882 m PEASE Carrie Luella
- THOMPSON, Abbie M b 10/5/1914 m WELCH, Thomas Jr.
- WELCH, Henry Lincoln b5/31/1866 m TRUMBLE, Belle Hannah
- WELCH, Thomas b1798 Raymond d 1885 m SMITH, Rhoda
Misc Maine Lookups! They might have that book you need...
If you know of a link that would be appropriate to add to this page, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
David C. Young, Maine author and USGenWeb Coordinator for Maine, NH and VT, has several resources available on the web:
Cumberland County USGenWeb Coordinator's Pages
Tom Raynor is the USGenWeb Cumberland County Coordinator.
Website Hosted by LeeAnn Pease Sharpe . My Genealogy Home Page Last updated 7/12/98.
Special thanks to the following contributors: Julie Pease Galipeau, Ernie Knight, Betty McDermott, Charles Lester
Thank you to RootsWeb for providing space for this page.
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor -- thanks for stopping by!
Lee Ann Pease Sharpe Copyright © 1998