Welcome to Windham, Maine GenWeb Project
- Settled: 1737 by Thomas Chute and William Mayberry, from Marblehead, Massachusetts.
- Once called New Marblehead, incorporated was Windham, on 12 June 1762.
Sherry Morin, host
Windham Historical Society News
Next Meetings of the Windham Historical Society
- January 29th, 2001
- Show & Tell or Share & Terrify
- For more informational call
Bev Varney 1-207-892-2977 or
Kay Soldier 1-207-892-5381
- 26 February 2001
- Members Visit Senior Citizen Dining Center, Aikins Annex at Town Hall
- Friends' Meeting Records (Courtesy of the Windham Historical Society)
- 1906-1974 Death Records for Windham, ME; taken
from the Annual Town Reports
- MARRIAGE RECORDS (Alphabetized by bride)
1906 - 1944 Windham, Maine (text copy)(size 86kb) or (html copy) (size 450kb)
Copied by Karen Ray from the "Annual Reports of
Town Officers of the Town of Windham, ME.
Courtesy of Windham Historical Society, P. O. Box
2233, Windham, ME 04062-2233
- MARRIAGE RECORDS (Alphabetized by bridegroom)
1906 - 1944 Windham, Maine
Map of Windham -- Coming Soon
Moses Little Papers & Court Records (Writ of Summons & Exons)
(Courtesy of the Windham, Maine Historical Society)
Windham Deeds & Probate Records -- Records of our Windham Ancestors.
Windham Town Records -- Records of our Windham Ancestors.
- Copied from original town records by Samuel Dole 1894 (Courtesy of the Windham Historical Society)
- Family records written by Samuel Dole 1897 (size 173 Kb, Courtesy of the Windham Historical Society)
- Windham, Maine - Records of Deaths, compiled by Samuel T. Dole,
George H. Kemp, Joel Rand and Israel Morrill.
Windham Census Records -- Records of State and Federal Census.
Windham Cemetery Records
Windham Roll Call -- List of descendants researching their Windham
- Akers Cemetery (Dutton Hill Rd)
- Arlington Cemetery
- Austin Cemetery (Nash Rd.)
- Brown Family Cemetery (TEXT) or (HTML Format) (9 Chute Road)
- Chase Cemetery (94 Highland Cliff Road)
- Craig Cemetery (Craig Road)
- Chute Cemetery (Chute Rd)
- Dolley Cemetery (Varney Mill Rd)
- Elder Cemetery (River Rd, near the Westbrook Line)
- Friends Cemetery (Rt 202)
- Gould Cemetery (Nash Rd, near the Windham Center Rd.)
- Hanson Cemetery (In the woods, unlocated.)
- Hunnewell Cemetery or (Old Anderson Cemetery)
- Knight Cemetery (Pope Road)
- Knight Cemetery (135 Brand & Knight Rd.)
- J A Knight Cemetery (Dutton Hill Rd)
- Loveitt Cemetery (River Road
North of Route 202. )
- Mayberry Cemetery (Park Rd, )
- McIntosh Cemetery (On Rt. 202 on the Falmouth Rd. Windham, Me.
Visible from the road.)
- Morrell Cemetery (514 Route 202)
- Mugford Cemetery (483 River Rd)
- Old Friends Cemetery (Old Quaker Cemetery) (corner of Route 202 and Pope Road.)
- Old Smith Cemetery(Smith-Anderson Cemetery
on cross road from
Parson Smith Homestead on the River Road)
- Purington Cemetery (Route 202, near the Windham, Gray town line.)
- Smith Cemetery (Route 202, Near Foster's Corner.
- Stevens Cemetery (Stevens Rd.)
- Sevens Cemetery (Montgomery Rd.)
- Varney Cemetery (310 Falmouth Rd)
- Windham Hill Cemetery (Windham Hill Rd. off of Route 202)
Early Windham History -- Narrative on the lives of our Windham
Early Windham Families -- Ancestors living in Windham before 1700
-- Individual Narratives.
- Mayberry Family
firstname.lastname@example.org (Doreen Russell), over 700 individuals.
- Webb Genealogical Information (Courtesy of Bill Wescott)
Windham, Maine Links
Windham Lookup Volunteers
If you have any reference material on Windham and would like to volunteer to do lookup's,
please let me know. David Colby Young
When requesting a lookup, please follow these guidelines:
- On the subject line enter Windham Lookup
- Put name of book or CD you are requesting in the first line of the message
as many of these wonderful people have volunteered to look up several things.
- Limit your request to 1 or 2 specific names on separate lines.
- Don't forget to thank your volunteer for their time and effort.
If you know of a Windham link that would be appropriate to add
to this page,
David Colby Young
Windham Historical Society -- Additional information soon.
New England Connections -- Only New England Families and
The Massachusetts Archives -- Guide to the geneaology holdings
select "Family History Resources"
Newsletters, Journals and Mailing List Information
Northeast-Roots -- Mailing List for the New England States
To subscribe put SUB NORTHEAST-ROOTS in the body.
Return to Cumberland County, Maine
Maine GenWeb Project
You are the [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to stop at Windham, Cumberland County, ME.
This page was last updated on -- Monday, 10-Sep-2018 08:16:40 MDT
Thanks to ROOTSWEB
Genealogical Data Cooperative for Server Space and a great deal of support!
Help support them in their mission to make massive amounts of genealogical
data available to us!
and maintained by: David C. Young
P.O. Box 152, Danville, Maine 04223