The Brandt Family
Generously transcribed by Nancy Bray, thanks Nancy!
Charles William Frederick Brandt was born 9/22/1844 in the province of Pomerania, Germany. He was of the Lutheran faith and died, 4/3/1910 and was buried in the Riverside Cemetery at Falmouth, Kentucky. His father was Frederick Brandt and his mother was Fredrica Foss or Voss, a sister of my great grandmother, Christinia. Charles was first married to Anna Straub on 8/9/1873, and to this union was born a son, John William born 6/13/1875 who died 12/15/1939. He was married to Caroline Bentle, born 3/19/1893 and died 7/6/1950. They are buried in the Berry Kentucky Cemetery.
By his second wife, Magdalene Earnst, whose father was Christian Martin Ernst and mother Anna Scharfenberger, he had these children:
1. Herman George born 4/21/1879 who married Anna E. Hensel, daughter of John S. Hensel and Lizzie Martz. They lived in Indianapolis, Indiana.
2. Charles Christopher born 11/5/1880 who married 5/13/1905 to Idena Rosensteil, daughter of Samuel Rosensteil and Mary Rohdy. They also lived in Indianapolis.
3. Anna Magdelena born 2/15/1882 and married 3/2/1910 to Clarence Coleman, son of William Coleman and Anna Sellars. They lived at Cleves, Ohio.
4. Clara Kale born 2/23/1885 died at four years of age.
5. Louise Sophia born 9/13/1886 married Edward Everett Barton 11/9/1910. He was born 7/29/1870.
6. Ida Bertha born 5/23/1892 was married to Hubert Bruce 6/3/1922.
Marriage license for Anna Straub was issued with the consent of H. Dahlenburg, her step-father.
A Brandt family operated a store in Newport at 9th and Monmouth Street for over 100 years. A Dr. Robert Brandt was a member of the Dermatology Department, at the University of Cincinnati.
August F. Brandt, probably a brother of Charles Frederick was born 11/17/1851 and died 12/22/1922. He married Bertha G. Dahms born 5/23/1869 and died 11/26/1899. They had a daughter Minnie Mae who married Joe McClanahan, and another daughter who married John Justice.
From the files of Kenneth Marquette