Taken in part from
School District 86 was formed December 29, 1886. The first school district meeting was held February 9, 1887. On that date the permanent organization was perfected and the first school district officers were elected. The school bears the name of Lone Star.
There was a frame school house sold in 1929, and a modern school house built that same year. A library was started in 1910 and has grown from year to year, until it now has 150 books.
L-R Back Row: Maxine Roe, Jr. Walton, "Bus" Wurm, Melvin Beneda, Dale Walton, and Pauline Roe
L-R Front Row: Darlene Roe, Joe Herzog, Rex Wurm, Don Roe, and Allene Beneda (died in the tornado of 1941)
Picture owned by Phil and Sharleen Wurm
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.