Fair View District N0. 17
Taken in part from
School District 17 was formed March 7, 1880. The first school district meeting was held April 8, 1880 on which date the organization was perfected and the first school district officers were elected. The school is known as the Fairview school being located where the view of the surrounding country is good.
The first school was held in a one room sod building with a spring and fall term of 3 months each.
In 1900 a new frame school building was built on a good road accessible to all patrons of the district.
Card owned by Phil and Sharleen Wurm
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.