District No. 63
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
On February 6, 1886, school district number 63 was formed. The first school district meeting was held March 6, 1886, when a permanent organization was perfected and the first school district officers elected. The school is know as Mt. Vernon.
Its first school was a one room frame building. At this time (1940) it is an 8 month term with 5 pupils enrolled. Baseball has always been its main activity.
Picture owned by Luanne Henthorn
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.