District No. 60
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
On January 6, 1886, school district number 60 was formed. The first school district meeting was held January 29, 1886, when a permanent organization was perfected and the first school district officers elected. The school was given the name of Prairie View as the building being on a hill giving a good view of the surrounding country.
The school building was built in 1886 and as of 1940 was still in use. It was a one room frame building, with hall and well house combined. It was built of pine lumber with brick foundation. A well with windmill was installed in 1892.
Picture taken about 1902
Can YOU help with the names and Year?
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.