Walnut Grove School
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
School District Number 57 was formed November 5, 1885. This district lies just west of District #1 Oberlin. The first school house was a one room frame school building built in 1885 with one room being added on since. The school has advanced in the amount of studies taught, and in the mode of teaching, but not in the amount of pupils attending. As no school was held in the district the past year (1939), but school will be held the coming year, with an enrollment of 3 pupils. Mostly beginners. There has been three generations of one of the patrons of the district attending this school.
Picture owned by LaMoine and Gary Guinn
Front row: Ola Muller, Cort Muller, Emma Pollnow, Florence Muller, Otis Muller, Bernice Pollnow, Martha Muller, Otto Pollnow, Everett Pollnow, and Myron Pollnow
Back row: Hattie Pollnow, Gladys Muller, Clarence Muller, Hugo Pollnow, Surelda Bromblette--Teacher, Ina McDowell, Art Schultz, Fred Fowler
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.