District No. 56
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
On October 26, 1885, school district number 56 was formed. The first school district meeting was held December 5, 1885, when a permanent organization was perfected and the first school district officers elected.
In May of 1922, this district was consolidated with District #101, Dresden.
Souvenir Card from
Shared by Jim Ellis and donated to the Decatur County Museum
School Year about 1907
Located about 3 miles NW of Dresden
School Year 1908
Teacher Dora Bremer
Back Row: Teacher Dora Bremer, Virgil Nelson, Celia Johnson,
Kitty Bremer, Alice Johnson, Gladys Nelson, Ida Welch
Second Row: Noble Nelson, George Nelson, Pat Hoppas, Netty Ehlers, Dewey Bremer, Anna Sytsma, Esther Lowery,
Front Row: George Johnson, Marion Bremer, Steve Hoppas, George Nelson, Alice Ehlers, Newell Johnson
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.