District No. 51
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
School district #51 was formed July 18, 1885. The school house was located on Section 3, Township 2, Range 28. The school was know as Olive Union. It being a union school of part of Olive and Sherman Townships.
The first school house was a one room Soddy built in 1885. In 1887 a larger sod school house was constructed to meet the ever increasing roll of school pupils. In 1894 the district voted to build a frame building. It was 30 feet long with 6 windows, double seats, blackboards and a teachers desk. The library was started in 1906.
School Year 1907-1908
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.