District No. 10
Taken in part from
The History of the School Districts of
School District 10 was formed December 20, 1879. The school was located on Section 29, Township 1, Range 30. The school was know as Green Valley because of its location.
This district was located in the north west part of Decatur County and bordered on the Rawlins County line. The first school was held in a one room sod house with willow roof. Long benches were used for seats. In 1892 a one room frame house was built. Equipped with double seats and blackboards. Baseball started as early as 1894 and other games have been added since.
School Souvenir 1897
Card owned by Phil and Sharleen Wurm
Back to School Districts of Decatur County
Home Page of Decatur County
This site was established by Sharleen Wurm and is dedicated to free access to records, documents and photos of historical and genealogical value. Documents contained herein may be copied for personal, non-commercial use as long as this message remains on all copied material. These records, documents and photos may not be reproduced, published or re-published for any reason, in any format, including electronic (web pages or CD's) and print, without prior written consent of the contributors or copyright holders.