Mallow Field Club Journal No. 15
& Historical Society
Mallow Field Club Journal
No. 15 - 1997
Another year - another Journal. We try to have a variety
of articles that will interest our many different readers. The
continuing support for our Journal is a great encouragement
to us, and we wish to thank all who have contributed
articles and photographs.
It may be of interest to know that our Journal has found
its way on to the internet, courtesy of Mr. Dennis J. Ahern
of Acton, Massachusetts, U.S.A. This web-site has the contents
page and foreword of each Journal and lists the back numbers
currently available. For those with access to the internet the
address is: "http://world.std.com/~ahern/mahs.html."
This year is the 150th anniversary of "Black '47" and in this
issue we have a number of articles dealing with the effects
of the great famine on the people of North Cork.
As usual we are seeking further material, and would
welcome comments from our readers on the Journal.
- Editorial Committee
- Rev. Robert Forde
180 pages, 5" X 8", copyright © 1997 by Mallow Field Club
Return to Mallow Archaeological & Historical
- K. B. Williams and Sons, Mallow by Con Power
- "Parnell" Cottages by A. J. Coughlan and John Caplice
- The Famine in Mallow 1846/47 by Seamus Crowley
- Doneraile Catholic Church by Michael Shine
- Down Crowley's Arch by George Weedle
- The Great Famine - The Mallow Relief Committee by Kevin Myers
- The Mallow Parish Community Centre by Rev. Robert Forde P.P.
- The Development of Mallow Town by Seamus Crowley
- The Mallow Blackwater (continued) by David Willis
- Some Famine Records of Farahy by Bill Power
- The Curtins of Ballygarrett by Patricio Geary
- Byblox Revisited by Anna-Maria Hajba
- A Mallow Newspaper - 1844 by Rev. Robert Forde P.P.
- Land Owners North Cork - 1876 by Dennis J. Ahern
- Photo Album
- Cast of Sleeping Beauty pantomime, circa 1940
- Mallow Branch, Cork Opera House Restoration Committee
- The Old Spa Hotel; then and now
- Field Club Activities (Outings and Lectures for 1996-97)