Many thanks to Sean Ruad for this data from the IreAtlas Townland Database.
Please note: There are two separate parishes called Dysert. (aka Dysart, Disert, or Disart) The parish found more northly in Kerry, called here Dysert 1, is one whole section that lies in the two Baronies of Clanmaurice and Iraghticonnor. Dysert 2, a separate parish, found more central and easterly in Kerry, is in three parts, all of which are in the same Barony of Trughanacmy. Refer to the Civil Parish Map and the Barony Map to help clarify.
Read what "A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland" Samuel Lewis, 1837 has to say about the two parishes he called Dysart and Dysert.Dysert 1:
"Dysart, or Disert, a parish partly in the barony of Iraghticonnor, but chiefly in that of Clanmaurice, county of Kerry, and province of Munster, 6 miles (s.s.w.) from Listowel, on the river Brick; containing 631 inhabitants. It comprises 3608 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, including some excellent land. There is a considerable portion of bog, affording fuel of good quality; the state of agriculture is steadily improving. Ballingar is the seat of representatives of the late John Barnard, Esq. The parish is in th ediocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe; the rectory is impropriate in Anthony Stoughton, Esq. The tithes amount to 133.10.10 pounds, payable in moieties to the impropriator and the vicar; and at Ballingar is a glebe of 13 acres. In the R. C. divisons it is partly in the union or district of Listowel, but chiefly in that of Lixnaw, or Iveamore. About 70 children are educated in private school. The ruins of the ancient church still remain in the burial-ground. Ennismore, the residence of J.F. Hewson, Esq., gives the titles of Baron and Viscount to the family of Hare, Earls of Listowel."Dysert 2:
"Dysert, or Disart, a parish in the barony of Trughenacmy, county of Kerry, and province of Munster, 1 1/2 mile (s.) from Castle-Island, on the road to Killarney; containing 1431 in habitants. It comprises 8105 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, about one-half of which consists of course mountain pasture and bog: limestone abounds, and is generally burnt for manure. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, forming part of the union of Killentierna: the tithes amount to 173.12.9 pounds, and there is a glebe of about 5 1/2 acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Currens, or Killentierna. The ruins of the church still remain in the burial-ground; and at Kilsarcon ar the vestiges of another church or chapel, with a burial-ground attached."
|Dysert 1, Listowel PLU, Munster Province|
* indicates a townland in Dysert civil parish according to: "General Alphabetical Index to the Townlands of Ireland" 1851, but is not on the map information we have available which are modeled after the Inner City Trust Maps, based on the Ordnance Survey completed in 1846.
|Dysert 2, Trughanacmy Barony,