Carlow County -
Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP
Main Street, Tinnahinch
Tinnahinch on the right of the
River Barrow with Brandon hill in the background c.1900
Bridge over the River Barrow
TINNEHINCH, a village, in the parish and barony of St. Mullin's, county
of Carlow, and province of Leinster, forming a suburb of the town of
Graig, or Graignamanagh, in the county of Kilkenny, with which it is
connected by a good stone bridge over the river Barrow: the population
is returned with the parish.
Upon Tynehincy stands a castle in good repair.
Note: On the border of Carlow and Kilkenny Tinnahinch
Castle is a fortified house, which was built by James Butler around
1620. The last occupant of the house, "Mad Butler', was burnt out of
the house, through scandals involving his own family.