Thought to be the Cottage/Blacksmith house that is
now The Forge at Kilbride Cross, Ballon. Source:
Sean Cogan via Facebook.
Eugene O'Neill in front of what is now The Forge,
Kilbride Cross, Ballon in the early 80's. Eugene's
great grandfather was the blacksmith here at one
time. Source: Sean Cogan via Facebook.
Images of The Forge at Kilbrides Cross. Ballon.
Built as a steward’s house on the K’eogh Estate in the 1700′s and
later a forge, country shop and post office which was operated by
the Murphy family until the early 1970′s. Restored in 2001 by the
Jordan family and retaining the original flag floors and sash
windows; and replica of the original timber work.
For its sensitive restoration it received an award from An Taisce