GAFFNEY Michael Gaffney see Murphy No. 143.
- GAFNEY 141.
- Erected by James Gafney, Bally Galworth, in
memory of his mother Mary Gafney alias Csllohan who deptd this
life 25th May 1832, agd 80 yrs. Also his brother Philip Gafney,
who died Aug. 10th 1827 agd 52 yrs. Alfo his father Anthony
Gaffney who died July 5th 1836, aged 98 years. Req in Pace.
- GAHAN 1
- Erected by Laurence Gahan Ballinaberna.
In loving memory of his father Laurence Gahan, who died 15th
Jan, 1906 aged 73 years. Also his mother Johanna Gahan, who died
22nd Aug. 1901, aged 68 years. Also his son Laurence who died
young. Also his son Moses Gahan who died the 8th June 1920, aged
20 years. Also his wife Bridget Gahan who died 26th Dec. 1927
aged 50 yrs. The above Laurence Gahan died 1st Dec. 1950, aged
81 yrs. Sweet Jesus have mercy on their souls.
- GAHAN 512.
- In loving memory of James Gahan, Dranagh died
23rd Nov. 1944, aged 84 yrs. His wife Bridget died 7th Jan.
1962, aged 79 yrs. His brother Michael died 6th April 1947, aged
80 yrs. His son Moses died 10th Dec. 1980, aged 70 yrs. R.I.P.
Erected by their son, James. S/C: M. Doyle, Carlow,
- GAHAN 472.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus have Mercy on the Soul
of Patrick Gahan, Coolyhune, died Nov. 15th 1917 aged 78 yrs.
His wife Johanna Gahan nee Murphy died Feb 17th.1917, aged 76
yrs. Their children, John died Aug 5th 1934 aged'65 yrs. Thomas
died in U.S.A. Feb. 12th 1943 aged 74 yrs. The very Rev. Patrick
Gahan, died in Coolamon N.S.W. Australia, Jan 30th 1946, aged 64
yrs. And Katie died Feb. 18th 1949, aged 75 yrs. Also James died
Feb 16th I960 aged 81 yrs, and Thomas son of above John, died
April 14th 1940, aged 16 yrs. Also Nan, wife of above John, nee
Kavanagh died 4th June 1979, aged 89 yrs. R.I.P. S/C: Brennan,
- GAHAN 136.
- Erected by Thomas Gahan, Drana in memory of
his beloved wife Ann Gahan, who died 1st November, 1866, aged 55
years. Also his son Patrick Gahan who died 28th Feb. 1876 aged
26 years. Rec in Pace. S/C: Cahill, Marley.
- GAHAN 219.
- In loving memory of James Gahan, Coolyhune,
died 3rd Feb. 1944, aged 69. His wife Annie Gahan, died 14th
Dec. 1937, aged 63. His sister Ann Gahan, died 23rd May 1950,
aged 78. His son John died 23rd March 1935 aged 20. His daughter
Annie, died 18th Aug. 1956. His son Patrick, died 24th July
1975, R.I.P. S/C: Walshe, Carlow.
- GAHAN 137.
- Erected by M Mary Gahan Drana in loving
memory of her husband John died 9th Jan. 1917 aged 86 years and
her daughter Mary who died young. Also Annie Culleton died 22nd
April 1930. Aged 48 yrs. The above Mary Gahan died 10th Sept.
1933 aged 87 yrs. Sweet Jesus have mercy on them. S/C:
- GAHAN 473.
- Sacred to the memory of James Gahan, of Old
Grange, who dep this life 25th May 1868, aged 20 years. Also his
son Thomas died 21st November 1861, aged 19 years. Also Mrs.
Gahan, died March 25th 1884, aged 74 years. Also her husband
Patrick Gahan died November, 17th 1888 aged 57 years.
Requieseant in pace.
- GAHAN 176.
- In loving memory of John Gahan, Coolyhune,
who died Feby 28th 1923, aged 80 yrs. Also his wife Kate Gahan
(nee Murphy) died Sept 26th 1912, aged 46 yrs. And their son
Michael (Sonny) Gahan died Aug. 11th 1906, aged 14 yrs, John
Gahan died Jan 30th 1970, aged 47 yrs. Also his father James
Gahan died May 24th 1972 aged 79 yrs. Erected by their children.
R.I.P. S/C: Brennan, Royal Oak.
- GAHAN 470.
- Erected by Mrs Kate Murphy, Coolyhune in
memory of her father Patrick Gahan, who died Febr 12th 1901 aged
70 years. And her mother Eliza Gahan died Feb 20th 1905, aged 68
years. Also her brother and sisters, John and Anne and Mary, who
died young. R.I.P. S/G: E. Cahill, Marley.
- GAHAN Mary Gahan see Kealy No, 225.
- GAHAN Bridget Gahan see Doyle No. 493
- GAHAN Thomas Gahan see Murphy no. 244.
- GAHAN Elizabeth Gahan see Murphy No, 244
- GAHAN Catherine Gahan see Murphy No. 244
- GAHAN Mary Gahan see Kearney No. 22.
- GAHAN Catherine Gahan see Grennan No. 685.
- GAHAN Catherine Gahan 'See Keefe No. 393,
- GAHAN Catherine Gahan see Heffernan No, 82.
- GAHAN Catherine Gahan see Grannan No, 519,
- GALAVAN 118.
- In fond rememberance of Michael Galavan.
Carrigleade died 12th May 1980,aged 66 yrs. R.I.P. S/C: J.Nolan,
- GALAVAN Mrs Mary Galavan see Kelly No. 676.
- GALAVAN Catherine Galavan see Doyle No. 379.
- GALAVAN Mary Galavan see Rourke No. 195.
- GALAVAN Maura Galavan see Walsh No. 677.
- GALAVAN 674.
- This Monument was raised by Edward Galavan of
Carriglead to the memory of his beloved father Edward Galavan,
who died January 5th 1849 aged 56 years. Also his brothers
Daniel Galavin who died 22nd July 18U9 aged 26 years. Also of
his mother Bridget Galavin alias Ryan who died 20th December
18?0, aged 74 years. And his brother Patrick Galavin who died
1st Octr 1877 aged 55 yrs. Also the above named Edward Galavin
who died May 4th 1879 aged 60 yrs. May they rest in peace. Back
of headstone: There is a cross above the inscription. John
Galavin died Oct. 20th 1883 aged 56 yrs. Also his wife Julia
Galavin died Nov. 2nd 1883 aged 40 yrs. Also the late Mrs Edward
Galavin alias Nolan died April 8th 1901 aged 90 yrs, Anne
Galavin nee Magee died Feb. 24th 1933 aged 45 yrs. And two of
her children Daniel and William died young. Also her husband
Edward died Nov. 2nd 1956 aged 85 yrs. R.I.P.
- GALAVIN Edward Galavin, see Ryan No. 675.
- GALLIVAN Margaret Gallivan see Doyle No. 84.
- GAUL Simon Gaul see Coady No. 687.
- GEHAN 471.
- Erected by Mrs. Gehan of Coolyhune, in memory
of her husband Patrick Gehan, who depd this life May 16th 1838,
aged 75 years. Also the above Mrs Gehan who departed this life
Novr 21st 1855, aged 88 years. May they rest in peace.
- GHANN Elanor Ghann see Doyle No. 218.
- GLADNEY 449.
- In loving memory of Edward John Gladney,
(Eddie), John ST. New Ross, died 2nd Sept 1929 aged 4 yrs. And
his sister Mary aged 2 months. Also their Uncle Patrick Gladney,
Poulmounty, died 19th Jan. 1921, aged 28 yrs. Their grandfather
Edward Gladney died Jan. 11st 1932, aged 74. Their grandmother
Mary Gladney died May 22nd 1935, aged 85 yrs. R.I.P. Their Uncle
John Gladney died Feb, 25th 1935, aged 44 years. Also their Aunt
Mary A.Gladney who died young. And their mother Alice A. Gladney
died 13th June 1951, aged 69 yrs. Their two step-sisters died
young. R.I.P. S/C: Power, Ross,
- GLADNEY 533.
- Erected by Mrs James Gladney of St. Mullins
in memory of her husband James Gladney, who died March 2nd 1914,
aged 72 years. Also her daughter Sarah Gladney who died 23rd
Jan. 1925 aged 44 years. R.I.P. S/C: Walshe, Carlow.
- GLADNEY 526.
- Erected by Mary Anne Gladney, New York to the
memory of her sister Bridget Gladney, Poulmounty, died 10th Nov.
1906 aged 17 yrs. And her father Richard Gladney died 7th April
1923, aged 68 yrs. Also her mother Anne Gladney nee Ryan died
14th Jan. 1924, aged 66 yrs. Her brother Patrick Gladney died in
America 15th May 1929, aged 40 yrs. And her brother James died
in U.S.A. Aug 28th 1938 aged 52. Also her brother Richard died
10th March 1973, aged 78 yrs. And her brother Thomas, Poulmounty,
died 10th Oct. 1974 aged 77 yrs. Her brother William Gladney
died 24th Feb. 1979, aged 87 yrs. R.I.P. S/C Power, Ross.
- GLADNEY Mary Gladney see Myllot No. 450.
- GODUGAN 184,
- Here lies the body of Robbert Godugan who
deceased July the 1st 1759, aged 60 years. May he rest in peace.
- GORDAN Catherine Gordan see Kelly No. 486.
- GORMAN Ellin Gorman see Mahon No. 578.
- GORMAN Margaret Gorman see Lennon No. 238.
- GORMAN Margaret Gorman see Fitzhenry No. 340.
- GRACE 639.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on the soul
of Michael Grace, Tinnislee Cottage, who died 21st August, 1927
aged 61 yrs. Also his son Patrick who died young. R.I.P. S/C:
Brennan, Royal Oak.
- GRENAN 44.
- Erected by Catherine Grenan of Curane, in
memory of her husband James Gronan who depd this life Oct. 11th
1830, ag'd 30 yrs. also his father Mathow Grenan depd July 16th
1826, ag 14 yrs. Also her daughter Elizabeth depd Jan. 11th
1837, agd 14 yrs. And of her daughter Johanah, dep June 10th
1838 agd 11 yr. Req in Pace.
- GRENNAN 279.
- Erected by William Grennan, Newtown, in
memory of his mother, Hannah Grennan died 31st March 1940, His
wife Agnes B. died 4th Nov. 1933 in (New York). His mister
Margaret Ryan died 21st September 1927. His father Martin died
3rd Jan. 1966. The above William Grennan died 25th May 1971,
aged 73 yrs. His brother Christopher died 7th June 1971, aged 64
yrs, R.I.P. S/C: Walsh, Carlow.
- GRENNAN 519.
- In loving memory of James Grennan, Slievedurd
died 24th April 1957, aged 77 yrs. And his wife Catherine
Grennan (Nee Gahan) died 24th Jan 1058, aged 86 yrs. R.I.F.
Erected by Catherine Kealy. S/C: Hughes, Carlow.
- GRENNAN 45.
- Here lieth the body of Jaffles Grennan who
deced Nov. the 6th 1795 aged 78 years. Lord have mercy on his
- GRENNAH 683.
- Erected by James Grennan, Ballybeg, in memory
of his wife Mary, who died 6th Dec 1879, aged 66 years. Also his
daughter Catherine, who died 25th March 1881, aged 23 years. May
they rest in peace.
- GRENNAN 685.
- Erected by Patrick Grennan, Ballybeg, in
memory of his beloved parents, Mathew Grennan died 2nd Novr 1859
aged 70 years. Ellen Grennan alias Timmins, died 10th Decr 1857
aged 72 yrs. Also his children, Ellen Grennan, died 15th Octr
1880, aged 20th years. Michael Grennan died 24th Dec 1887, aged
25 years. Patrick Grennan, died Octr 7th 1893, aged 26 years.
Also his wife Catherine Grennan alias Gahan, died June 20th
1901, aged 71 yrs. The above Patrick Grennan died April 22nd
1916, aged 90 yrs. And his son Edward died July 25th 1926, aged
56 yrs. Also Alice Grennan, nee Maher, wife of Edward, died June
22nd 1944, aged 79 yrs. R.I.P. S/C: Cahill.
- GRENNAN 684.
- Erected by Matthew Grennan, Ballybeg, in
memory of his father, Edward Grennan, died 10th Nov. 1879, aged
79 yrs. And his mother, Bridget Grennan, nee Murphy died 10th
Jan, 1880, aged 80 yrs. Also his wife Margaret Grennan, nee
Mesney, died 15th July 1907 aged 72 yrs. His brother Patrick
Grennan, died 17th Jan. 1922 aged 84 yrs. Also the above Matthew
Grennan, died April 1st 1931, aged 98 yrs. Also his son Edward
Grennan died Octr 26th .1938, aged 67 yrs. R.I.P. S/C: Power,
- GRENNAN Katie Grennan see Fender No. 107.
- GRENNAN Bridget Grennan see Murphy No. 682.
- GRENNAN Mary Grennan see Brennan No. 43.
- GRENNAN Margaret Grennan see Doyle No. 848.
- GRENNIN Mary Grennin see Kelly No. 89
- GRIFFIN 401.
- In loving memory of Mary B. Griffin Drummond,
died July 19th 1953 aged 77 yrs. And her sister Ellen Culleton
nee Connors died Jan 27th 1964 aged 84 yre. Erected by her
Cousin Margaret Brannigan. R.I.P.
- HACKET 437.
- Here lieth the body of Margaret Hacket died
June 24th 1780. Aged 10 yrs. R.I.P.
- HAMMOND 140.
- May the Lord have mercy on the souls of
William Hammond, Graiguenamanagh, who died 12th July 1927, aged
89 years and his beloved wife Mary, (alias Naddy) who died 23rd
May 1885 aged 45 years. And their daughter-Sarah, died 29th July
1908, aged 32 years. Also Mary, died 16th April 1905 aged 26
years. And Thomas Hammond. Aclare died 29th June 1886 aged 35
years and John Hammond died 23rd Jan. 1907 aged 70 years. And
Bridget Hammond his wife (Alias Shea) who died 7th August 1922,
aged 75 years. James Hammond Graig died 29th March, 1937 aged 65
years. Patrick Hammond died 8th Dec. 1940 aged 64 years. Frank
Hammond died 3rd Aug. 1950. Aged 74 years. Sarah Hammond Aclare
died 6th Oct, 1954 aged 73 years. Margaret Hammond (Nee Joyce)
died 18th Get, 1966, aged 89 years. R.I.P. S/C: Cahill.
Contributed Michael Purcell
- Transcribed by M. Brennan