Friendship Baptist Cemetery
New Garden Township
Wayne County, Indiana
View of scattered stones amid trees, ivy and wildflowers.
A Brief History of Friendship Baptist Church
According to History of Wayne County Indiana 1884,  a Baptist church was organized in the northern section of New Garden Township around 1820.  The meeting house was maintained until sometime between 1830 and 1840.  Among the early members were: John and David James, Eleazer Smith, the Cases, the wives of John and Thomas Potter, and others. 
View of stones piled up in another part of the cemetery.
Here is a list of those buried here.

Click on their names to view transcriptions and pictures of their stones.

Brown, Susannah S.
Brown, William
Clark, Mary F.
D, W
Engle, Sarah

Hinshaw, George
Horner, Job.
Longfellow, John
Longfellow, Sarah

Morris, John
Mullen, Mahalia B.
Mullen, Thomas
Parker, Martha J.
Rhodes, Margaret
There are still some missing stones.  Proof of that is the foot stones that do not have a match.  Here is a list of those:

M. H. M.
W. P.
A. H.
M. J. F.


There were also a couple of
blank stones.
Click here to contact us with any questions or comments.

Please visit the
Wayne County Pioneer Cemetery Resoration Project website.