Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
SW Corner of SE ¼ of Sec 32, T15N R1E
Visited July 13, 2005 and October 22, 2008
This cemetery adjoins the Irons Cemetery on the northeast corner.
Irons Cemetery is on the north side of US 40, across from the end of Miles
Road, just west of the Elks Golf Course. There is a small parking area off
of US 40 and a gated drive back to the cemeteries.
NW: N39°41.391’ W86°26.757’
SE: N39°41.381’ W86°26.745’
N39°41. 386’ W86°26.751’ or
This cemetery is fenced but not mowed or maintained. It is covered with
myrtle and weeds. There are mostly large marble and granite monuments; no
tablets were found. Most are in decent condition. One large stack
stone is for John Miles and his wife Elizabeth (Hollingsworth), who were
the first of the family in the area. Their unmarried daughters Emily
A. ("born blind and died very obese") and Sarah Jane ("born blind and dumb")
are listed on the stone as well. There is an interesting biography
of John Miles in the 1878 Atlas.
Inside the Cemetery