Eel River Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
NW ¼ of the NE ¼ of Sec 34, T17N R2W
Visited September 20, 2007 and March 13, 2008

Directions: This cemetery is on the south side of CR 800N, east of SR 75. It is on the current Clements Farm, somewhere around their current dog pen, which is behind (south) of the house.  No stones remain.

This cemetery has been destroyed.  According the Clements family, gravestones were found while plowing the field to the west of the driveway, starting in the 1960s.  There were quite a few, some large and most illegible.  All but one were hauled away with other rocks.  There are still a couple iron posts near the dog pen that may mark the original location. The Clements' believe that the stones in the field were dumped there and not the actual location.

The single stack stone top is currently in North Salem at the home of Buddy Clements.  It is for Oliver F. Davidson, son of Daniel N. and Elizabeth (Davidson) Davidson, who died August 15, 1878, aged 9y 3m 9d (born 5-6-1869). Daniel Davidson’s biography is in the 1878 Atlas of Hendricks County.  They had one child die in infancy (1862), who could also be buried on the farm. Another son, William Robert Davidson, has a biography in the 1914 History of Hendricks County. 

                          Oliver Davidson                   Map
                                       Oliver Davidson Stack Top                                                                Map of Location

Back to Cemetery List