This Scott County burial site is on the south side of a fence that is exactly one mile south
of the Morgan-Scott County line, and is about two miles directly south of Chapin's business district.
The densely wooded burial site is east of the nearest north-south roadway. Legal description of the cemetery
is in the west half of the northeast quarter of Section 23 in Township 15 N Range 12 W.
The abstract to the property, owned by Edwin Lakamp of Chapin, reveals that three rods square are reserved as a burial ground.
In addition to the toppled tombstones listed below, the remnants of three horribly weathered brown sandstone markers still protrude
about six inches above the ground. Mr. Lakamp remembers seeing other tombstones on the hilltop, but a search for them was unfruitful.
He remembers that one of the missing tombstones marked the grave of Hardin Parks, and that Hardin Parks either was born or died in 1870.
The compilers are indebted to Mr. Clifford Thaxton of Jacksonville and to Mr. Lakamp, both of whom took the compilers to the cemetery.