Union Cemetery is located just south of Waynesville in section 31 on the right side of County Rd. 4. It is on land originally owned by the pioneer Prettyman Marvel. This is among one of the nicest Cemeteries in DeWitt, very well groomed and although some of the older stones are decaying, all that can be done seems to get done. The caretakers of this Cemetery should be applauded. The earliest stone seems to be that of Melissa Barr daughter of J. and M. Barr d. Jan. 12, 1833. Burials are still active in this beautiful Cemetery.
Back to Index
© Earliene Kaelin 1999
All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be used for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.