DUBUQUE COUNTY – KEY CITY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
The Society holds meetings on topics of interest to family historians and genealogists. The meeting may be an informal discussion among the attendees or a presentation given by a member or there may be a guest speaker. All meetings are open to the public. Guests and new members are welcome.
Meetings Held: February, March, April, May, September, October, November
Holiday Gathering in December
The library collection was donated to the Dubuque Family History Center in 2009. It was digitized and may be viewed on the Family History Center computers. Family History Center, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 685 Fremont Avenue, Dubuque, Iowa 52001. Phone (563) 583-6851. Hours: Wednesday 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Saturday 9 am to noon.
The Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society Newsletter is published quarterly and is a benefit of membership. Back issues are not available.
● All members receive a subscription to the Dubuque County-Key City
Genealogical Society Newsletter, which is published quarterly.
● Membership dues are $20.00 for single and $30.00 for couple per year. Dues are payable annually on or before March 1 of each year. Dues received from new members after January 1 will be applicable to the coming year.
● U.S. Mail: P.O. Box 13, Dubuque, IA 52004-0013
Go to Site Map
● February 17, 1976: Founded as The Key City Genealogical Society.
● August 7, 1976: Accepted as the 27th affiliate chapter of the Iowa Genealogical Society.
● March 6, 1985: Name changed to the Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society.
● July 1, 1986: Society incorporated.
● May 19, 1994: Granted non-profit status or 501 (c) (3).2 by the Internal Revenue Service.
The Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society is organized exclusively for genealogical, educational, and historical purposes. More particularly, the purposes for which the Society is organized are as follows:
● To create and foster an interest in genealogy.
● To foster and encourage individuals in their private genealogical pursuits.
● To foster and encourage preservation of genealogical and historical data in said City and County of Dubuque, Iowa.
● To foster and encourage in existing facilities an increase in resources and public access to genealogical data.