by Holly Adams Timm©
Gerrit Bancker was born in Wessem, Limburg, and died about 1691 in Beverwyck. Pearson's Genealogies of the First Settlers of Schenectady says, "Gerrit, came from Amsterdam, where his brother Willem was a merchant as late as 1700. He was in New Amsterdam before 1655, and two years later in Beverwyck, where he continued to reside till his death about 1691. His home lot, in Albany was on the south side of Yonker [now State] Street, the third east from Peral Street, as it then was. When Arent Van Curler began the settlement of Schenectady in 1662, he became one of the original fifteen proprietors. Farms number six on the Bouwland, were allotted to him, and his village lot comprised the northerly quarter of the block, bounded by Washington, Union, Church and State streets. His son Evert held this property until 1702, when he disposed of it to Isaac Swits. Gerrit Bancker, indicated as "from Amsterdam" in the NY Record 65:60 was in reality a native of Wessem, Limburg - according to a record dated 9 Mar 1651 in Amsterdam, Gerrit Jansz, merchant going to New Netherland hired at 120 gl yearly, Gerrit Bancker from Wessum as a merchant's servant. "
Gerrit's wife was Elisabeth Lysbet Van Eps, born about 1623, was the daughter of Dirk Van Eps and Maritje Damen. Elisabeth died 3 Jul 1693 at 70 years of age. "After the death of her husband, Mrs. Bancker removed to New York and engaged in trade. When she died she left a large property for those times, to her only son Evert."
Gerrit Bancker and Elisabeth Lysbet Van Eps had the following children:
- Evert Bancker was born 24 Jan 1665.
- Anna Bancker who married 21 Sep 1688 Johannes de Peyster "of New York"
- Maria Bancker who is believed to have married 19 Sep 1694 to Cornelis de Peyster
Evert Bancker (Gerrit1) was born in Albany NY 24 Jan 1665 and died bef 10 Jul 1734. He married Elisabeth Abeel 24 Sep 1686. Elisabeth was born 23 Mar 1671, daughter of Stoffel Janse Abeel and Neeltie Janse Croon, and died by 20 Mar 1734. Evert was a merchant in Albany, but retired to his farm in Guilderland during the latter part of his life.He made his will Mar. 13, 1734, proved July 31, 1734, in which he gave to his son Johannes £50, 'provided he continued to live with me till my decease, or till I dispose of my farm where I now live.' He mentioned the following children, who are to share alike in his estate: Christoffel, Willem, Jannetie, Adriaan, Gerardus and Johannes" [Pearson's Genealogies of the First Settlers of Schenectady]
Evert Bancker and Elisabeth Abeel had the following:
- Gerardus Bancker was born 11 Feb 1688 and died by Jun 1691
- Neeltie Bancker was born 1 Mar 1689
- Gerardus Bancker was born 12 Jun 1691 and died by 1706
- Elisabeth Bancker was born 29 Jul 1693
- Christoffel Bancker was born 27 Oct 1695
- Anna Bancker was born in New York 3 Oct 1697 and died 2 Oct 1706 age 8 years
- Willem Bancker was born 28 Oct 1699
- Jannetie Bancker was born 28 Aug 1701
- Adrianus Bancker was born 10 Oct 1703; md Elisabeth Van Taerling in New York, 30 Jan 1729
- Gerardus Bancker was born 1 Apr 1706
- Anna Bancker was born 12 Jun 1708 and died 30 May 1709 at less than one year of age
- Johannes Bancker was born 15 Mar 1710 and died ca 30 Apr 1710 at less than one year of age
- Johannes Bancker
Christoffel Bancker (Evert2, Gerrit1) was born 27 Oct 1695 and married Elisabeth Hooglant in New York, 16 Oct 1719. Christoffel Bancker and Elisabeth Hooglant had at least one child, Adriaan Bancker, born in New York by 3 Jul 1720. Willem Bancker (Evert2, Gerrit1) was born 28 Oct 1699. He married Annatje Veeder 17 Dec 1726, daughter of Gerrit Symonse Veeder and Tryntje Otten. Willem settled in Schenectady.
Willem Bancker and Annatje Veeder had the following:
- Evert Bancker was born by 13 Dec 1727
- Elisabeth Bancker was born by 16 Jul 1732 and married Hendericus Peek
- Catharina Bancker was born by 6 Oct 1734 and married Jacobus Van Arnheim
- Neeltie Bancker was born by 21 Dec 1737 and married Albert A Vedder, son of Alexander Vedder
- Annatie Bancker was born by 16 Aug 1740 and married Arent S Vedder, son of Symon Vedder and Maria du Trieux.
- Jannetje Bancker was born by 25 Mar 1744
- Evert Bancker was born 21 Sep 1746
22. Gerardus4 Bancker (Evert3, Elisabeth Lysbet2 Van Eps, Dirk1) was born 1 Apr 1706. He married Maria de Peyster in New York, 31 Oct 1731. Gerardus Bancker and Maria de Peyster had the following children: 65 i. Anna5 Bancker was born in Albany by 3 Sep 1732. 66 ii. Evert Bancker was born in Albany by 10 Aug 1734. 67 iii. Elisabeth Bancker was born in Albany by 9 May 1736. 68 iv. Johannes Bancker was born in Albany by 22 Feb 1738. 25. Johannes4 Bancker (Evert3, Elisabeth Lysbet2 Van Eps, Dirk1) birth date unknown. He married Magdalena Helena Veeder. Magdalena was born 2 Apr 1710. Magdalena was the daughter of Gerrit Symonse Veeder and Tryntje Otten. Johannes settled on the Normanskil. Johannes Bancker and Magdalena Helena Veeder had the following children: + 69 i. Thomas Brouwer5 Bancker was born abt 1729. 70 ii. Elisabeth Bancker was born 7 Jun 1735. She married Simon H Veeder. Simon was the son of Helmers Veeder. + 71 iii. Gerrit Bancker was born 27 Feb 1737. Fifth Generation 69. Thomas Brouwer5 Bancker (Johannes4, Evert3, Elisabeth Lysbet2 Van Eps, Dirk1) was born abt 1729. His birth is probably more likely about 1733 or thereabouts. Thomas died 25 May 1807 at 77 years of age. He married Anna Mabie 2 Nov 1754. Anna was born 4 Oct 1732. Anna was the daughter of Jacob Mabie and Caterina Vrooman. Anna died 2 Jul 1776 at 43 years of age. Thomas "built and lived in the house, No. 108 State Street, now occupied by Mr. John lake, his blacksmith shop being next east." [Pearson's Genealogies of the First Settlers of Schenectady] Thomas Brouwer Bancker and Anna Mabie had the following children: 130 i. Annatie6 Bancker was born by 31 Oct 1756. She married Daniel Toll Clute. 131 ii. Margarita Bancker was born by 21 Jan 1759. 132 iii. Elisabeth Bancker was born by 1 Nov 1761. Elisabeth died 28 Jun 1836 at 74 years of age. 133 iv. Caterina Bancker was born by 17 Feb 1765. Caterina died 28 Mar 1850 at 85 years of age. She married Frederic Vedder. 134 v. Neeltie Bancker was born by 1 Feb 1767. She married Cornelis C Clute. + 135 vi. Helena Magdalena Bancker was born bef 7 May 1769. 71. Gerrit5 Bancker (Johannes4, Evert3, Elisabeth Lysbet2 Van Eps, Dirk1) was born 27 Feb 1737. He married Hester Van Arnhem 15 Sep 1755. Gerrit Bancker and Hester Van Arnhem had the following children: 136 i. Magdalena6 Bancker was born by 11 May 1756. She married Isaac A Vrooman. 137 ii. Elisabeth Bancker was born by 21 Aug 1760. 138 iii. Johannes Bancker was born by 25 Dec 1764. 139 iv. Caterina Bancker was born by 20 Dec 1767. Sixth Generation 135. Helena Magdalena6 Bancker (Thomas Brouwer5, Johannes4, Evert3, Elisabeth Lysbet2 Van Eps, Dirk1) was born bef 7 May 1769. She married Francis Van Der Bogard Vedder 15 Dec 1788. Francis was born bef 1 Jan 1764. Francis was the son of Albert J Vedder and Hester Van Der Bogard. Francis died 3 Apr 1811 in Niskayuna NY, at 47 years of age. Helena Magdalena Bancker and Francis Van Der Bogard Vedder had the following children: 193 i. Hester7 Vedder. She married John F D Vedder before 1827. his first and second wives are sisters John was born in Rotterdam NY 31 May 1789. or born 1 June John was the son of Frederick Vedder and Maria Van Patten. He married Nancy Annatje Vedder 1827. John died 21 Aug 1863 at 74 years of age. + 194 ii. Nancy Annatje Vedder was born 8 Nov 1789.
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Holly Timm [email@example.com]. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.
about the webmaster
The author is