PATTERSON, James Isom (Isham), married to Margaret (Peggy) BROWN , daughter of William BROWN. I have been told that James Isom Patterson and his family lived for a short time in Meriwether County, GA and Troup Co., GA before moving on to Chambers Co.,AL and then to Tallapoosa Co., AL. My grandfather told me that he thought that there were at least two children of James Isom Patterson's who did not move to AL with the family, but stayed in GA. We do not have their names. The children that we do have are:
1. Andrew Jackson Patterson b. Dec. 11, 1816
2. James Patterson b. abt 1818
3. William Patterson b. abt 1820
4. Sarah Patterson b. abt 1823
5. Rachael Patterson b. abt 1832
6. Margaret Patterson b. Aug. 1834
7. George Washington Patterson b. 1836
8. Frances Patterson b. 1837
Any help on this family would be greatly appreciated. Before coming to Meriwether County, they were probably in Newberry Co., SC. Family history (from my grandfather) states that James Isom and Peggy met on a ship coming from Ireland.
It makes a nice story but it may not be true.