Carsonville is located very near the north-west Taylor County line, and was a part of Talbot County until 1852. It is situated on the crossroads of the present day US 80 (GA 22) about 3 miles from the Talbot County line. The North South crossroad was a part of the historical "Wire Road".
It is one of the oldest settlements in Taylor County.
Feb 14, 1839 William A. Skellie Dec 29, 1840 Robert Carson Nov 25, 1842 William A. Skellie June 26, 1845 George W. Davis Oct 17, 1845 William A. Skellie Mar 10, 1848 George W. Davis Dec 10, 1849 Henry H. Mangham Apr 7, 1852 William S. Wallace Discontinued on March 24, 1855
Settlers crossed the Flint River at Gray's Ferry, which had been authorized by Georgia General Assembly in 1825. The "road to Gray's Ferry" is mentioned in early deeds of this period.
Land given to Trustees by Thomas German (Jermain) Deed Talbot Co. pg 43, Bk C Jan 21, 1833 (This was for Methodist Episcopal Meeting House. Trustees: Howell Short, John C. Short, Blaney Braswell, James Braswell, Harris McDaniel, Trustee Methodist Episcopal Meeting House Note:The Shorts married into the Jacob McDaniel family; Harris McDaniel and his brother, William McDaniel as witness. Harris' two daughters married Howell and John C. Short. Harris McDaniel was married to Lucinda Gresham, daughter of John and Susannah Gresham. Researcher: Sandra Lamb RGSELAMB@aol.com pg 43 13 Jan 1833 Thomas Jimain (Germane) to Howell Short, John C. Short, Blaney Braswell, James Braswell, Harris McDaniel, Trustee Methodist Episcopal Meeting House [Carsonville ] $2 24th Dis LL138 Wit Jas Stallings, William McDaniel (Not sure how these two deeds compare)
Robert Carson, deeded to the trustees of The Methodist Episcopal Church in 1842, one acre of land Deedbook D/169(Lot 131, 24th Land District). It was known as Carsonville Methodist Episcopal Church.
The trustees names in this deed were Micajah Blow, John Carson, William P. Edwards, Thomas Greer, Henry H. Mangham, Dennis Sheridan, Howell Short, John Solomon and Jesse Williams.
The church was discontinued as families moved away in the early 1900s and the building itself was torn down around 1925.
The Carsonville Cemetery is at the rear of this site.
Antioch Baptist Church , organized in 1829 is southeast of Carsonville. Membership     History of Church
Others: Gostin , Foy, Sanders, Weekes Adams, Mangham
Today the community of Carsonville no longer exists.
From the Macon Daily Telegraph
Saturday, April 5, 1862
Reprinted The Taylor County Tracer Oct 2000
GUNBOAT FUND Collected by S.W. Durham of the ladies of Carsonville, Taylor County, and its vicinity, which will be handed you by W.J. F. Mitchell, Esq which you will please acknowledge in the Telegraph. Mrs. Jacob Koffman $1.00 Mrs. Thomas Edwards 1.00 Mrs. W.A. Edwards 1.00 Mrs. James J. Gray 1.00 Mrs. S.W. Durham (Talbot Co) 1.00 Mrs. William Walker 1.00 Miss Mary Walker (Alabama) 1.00 Miss Laura A. Cariker (Talbot) 1.00 Mres. John Searcey 1.00 Mrs. Dr. W.H. Draine 2.00 Mrs. Wm W. Seay (Talbot) 1.00 Mrs. Wm J. Mitchell 2.00 Mrs. Wm J.F. Mitchell 2.50 Mrs. Dr. B.L. Ross 1.00 Miss Fannie Mitchell 2.00 Miss Sapronie Mitchell 1.00 Mrs. Sidney Mosley 1.00 Miss Alice Mitchell .50 Mrs. George W. Byass 1.00 Mrs. Britton Smith 2.00 Total $34.00
We welcome any information about families, places or events to add to this history of Carsonville